The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally built my box, I installed my new 15" Adire Audio Brahma and let it "break-in" for 2 days and was finally able to crank it up.........And WOW is all I could say. This sub hits extremely loud, it met & exceeded all my expectations of it.
My old set-up was 2 12" JL Audio W3's, 1st in a sealed box and then a ported box, and they hit very hard and very clean, but the 1 Brahma blew them away as far as being loud, and to my surprise was alot cleaner and crisper.
When I play Rap and Bass songs it hit sooooo extremely loud, and the movement of the sub is phenomenal. The deep bass is crazy, it seems like the body panels of the car flex 2 or 3 inches and I have 3 layers of sound deadener on my truck lid and it flexes like I have never seen, My car may fall apart. So if anyone is looking into buying a sub anytime soon and wants a sub that thumps hard please checkhttp://www.adireaudio.com as one of your options.

And Ron, I will be inquiring about a ported box in the spring time, If you don't mind.

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
02silver2.5l said:
how big is the ported box? What is it tuned
It's in a 2.75cu/ft sealed box powered by 700 watts from a soundstream amp. I'm gonna try and get rthompson to build a ported box for me around spring time, But it might be tooo loud.

·
Registered
288 Posts
damn only 700 watts? I bet it would REALLY sound good with somewhere over 1000 W. The Brahma's are pretty inefficient subs so you're probably not getting near the full potential. Either way I bet it's sweet!

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
invisible21 said:
damn only 700 watts? I bet it would REALLY sound good with somewhere over 1000 W. The Brahma's are pretty inefficient subs so you're probably not getting near the full potential. Either way I bet it's sweet!
And it took every watt I threw at it and sounded great, no distortion at all. And last monday I placed an order for the Revolution d1500.1, but I doubt i'll be using all 1500 watts.

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
invisible21 said:
its not all that inefficient....

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
m3dia_lab said:
its not all that inefficient....
Depends on how you look at it i guess... at low power levels it is pretty inefficient, but at Higher power levels that make other subs less efficient, it maintains quite well:)

·
SQUINTS
275 Posts
ScoobyDooBD00 said:
it's never too loud. i have a 12" brahma in a 2.25 cubed box, ported. :p
I just bought a 12" Brahma. It was suggested to me to build the same size box as you tuned to as low as 25 hz. Can you give me the dimensions of your box? I would like to have the box built before it arrives. Thanks.

·
Dont Bang My Compressors
321 Posts
hey i was actually thinking of adding a 15 to my system exept that i dont want to replace my two 12 i want to add a 15(plus another amp of course, and i think ill need a capacitor as well) my current system sounds really clean and loud but......still cant have enough of that bass:D

·
AIM: BaseballtoHeart
362 Posts
I've been reading about the 12" Brahma and I really like it and it sounds like it's getting good reviews. What is a good inexpensive amp for it? Will the RF 700S power it or what is a good amp? I'm good with subs but not amps....

·
Dont Bang My Compressors
321 Posts
curta34 said:
I've been reading about the 12" Brahma and I really like it and it sounds like it's getting good reviews. What is a good inexpensive amp for it? Will the RF 700S power it or what is a good amp? I'm good with subs but not amps....

well you cant really get a good sub and go cheap on the amp and have it sound as good as the sub was supposed to, you know. you must power it right. its like driving a 2003 lamborghini with 87 octane gas. its good to get an amp that puts out about 75% of the subs RMS in each channel. orion and pheonix gold are i think good amps

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
curta34 said:
Depending on the size of the box the 700s should be good but the Brahma can handle a lil more. When I first got the sub in my car I used my 700 watt Soundstream amp on it and it was loud. I just got the Revolution D1500.1 on monday and that amp is every bit of 1500 watts, slammed 5 times louder than my Soundstream and for $370 it's a hell of a deal, but after 2 days the amp went into protection mode and I cannot seem to get it out:mad:. It's back to the Soundstream for now.

·
362 Posts
well the RF 700S power is 350x2, if i bridge it that would make it 700x1 at 2 ohms if i could get it to one ohm it would be about 1400 watt but your right that it would be better and probably easier just to get a bigger amp...

·
362 Posts
where or who can i get the brahma 12" subs from or should i just get them from the adire web site?

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
curta34 said:
well the RF 700S power is 350x2, if i bridge it that would make it 700x1 at 2 ohms if i could get it to one ohm it would be about 1400 watt but your right that it would be better and probably easier just to get a bigger amp...
RF amps are NOT 1 ohm stable, they dont even like 2, they get hot as hell...

as for where to get one, adireaudio.com or ampman.com

or pm rthompson

·
362 Posts
well i think i'm gonna be the one to build the box, i should make it ported right? how do i build a ported box is there any cretain way i should do it to make it sound better?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts