The Nissan Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
1998 SE 5 speed
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
16 inch Kosei rims with tires now definitely for sale (Toronto Locals Only)

For Toronto locals only:

I may be selling my 16 inch Kosei Pina F1 rims with 225/50/16 Kumho Ecsta 712 tires. People that attended the Dave & Buster's meet last fall would have seen these on my 2nd gen.

The tires were on the road for only 1 month before I put my snow tires on so they are basically brand new. I paid $600 for the tires alone at the end of September 2002.

These rims are currently being sold for $179 each plus tax at BC Auto but my set has a number curb scratches which have been touched up ( I got them like that off my buddy's wife's car). You can have a look at the pic on BC Auto web site along with some guy's Celica with the same rim except my center cap is not painted red like his. They are dual 4 bolt pattern (100 & 114.3) so they will fiy 1st & 2nd gen plus many other cars including Hondas.

I am looking to get $850 but it depends on what car I end up buying for my wife. If these rims would fit the new vehicle, I may not sell them after all. However, I just put in an offer for a used Toyota Matrix today which has a 5 bolt pattern so there is a good chance these rims will be sold.

For those that would be interested (if/when they go on sale officially), please reply to this thread.

Thanks
Ken

http://www.bcautodesign.com/Kosei/koseiPinaF1.jpg

http://www.allwheelmotion.com/contents.html

I took also took pictures of all four rims & tread as well:

·
*Donating Member* Senior Member
3,664 Posts
Nice set of rims at a very good price, these will easily go for that on the civic or sentra sites!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Me too. Do you have a pic of those rims on your car? The tires are a bit large though... but I don't think they will rub. Any idea how much they weigh?

·
1998 SE 5 speed
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stan Hung said:
Me too. Do you have a pic of those rims on your car? The tires are a bit large though... but I don't think they will rub. Any idea how much they weigh?
Give me a couple of days...I will put two rims on just for you guys ;)

The tires do not rub at all...at least with my eibach / stock strut set up.

I'm really not sure about the weight but I know that Kosei makes quality wheels.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hey Racing Gear,

Don't go through the trouble of mounting the wheels. Maybe just lay them by your car and snap a pic if you digital camera. Otherwise don't worry about it.

I took a look around for some wheel weights... I didn't find anything specific but they don't seem to be very light. I may reconsider.

Regardless, that is a good price you are letting them go at.

Thanks,
Stan

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
yeah, these tires/rims are pretty much the size I've been looking for.

I'm actually looking for rims that I can paint jet black to match the car. I'd love to sport these rims but then I'd feel bad painting them. Anyone know of someone with scratched up 16 or 17's going cheap?

·
1998 SE 5 speed
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stan,
This is the best I can do in 5 minutes...I don't mind putting them on tomorrow during the day so let me know if you want a better pic.

Coach,

I have "three" 16 inch ALT wheels if you want them. I will let them go real cheap since I have not been able to locate a replacement rim to complete the set. I cracked the fourth rim two years ago and they have been just sitting in at my parent's house.

If you want to take a chance, let me know. I will work something out with you. You can always just use two rims or something for auto crossing/tracks...

·
1998 SE 5 speed
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
coach said:
which ALT rims are these?
It is an exact knock off of 5Zigen Div 3.

I can't remember the ALT model number so I got you a pic of the 5 Zigen one. It is exactly the same thing.

Pic of 5 Zigen Div 3:
http://www.krooz-int.com/krooz/wheelspage/japanwheels/5zr/5zigenn1rdiv3.html

Another pic on a Del Sol:
http://www.teamsolcal.com/South/Members/floats.htm

The 3 rims do have Toyo FZ4 tires on them (205/45/16) but they are worn our unevenly.

EDIT:
I also have the fourth tire which I took off the 4th rim that I cracked after hitting a massive pot hole.

If you are interested, make me an offer.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Ken, how heavy are these knock off rims? I'm checking to see if I can get a fourth.
Did you end up keeping the Kosei rims for your wife?

·
1998 SE 5 speed
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
coach said:
Ken, how heavy are these knock off rims? I'm checking to see if I can get a fourth.
Did you end up keeping the Kosei rims for your wife?
I still have not purchased a car for my wife so the final decison is still up in the air...

I will weigh the ALT for you with the tire...give me a day or two.

Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
No rush man. Take your time

Thanks, just wanted to know how much or how much less they are then stock. I'll weigh my stocks to compare. :D !5" steelies that is!

·
1998 SE 5 speed
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
coach said:
I got a guy looking out for this rim and wants to know how old they are and possible where you got them?
I got them off Colin at Wheels Direct so I am assuming you are going right to the source/your buddy there?

I bought them for the Civic in the fall of 1999 I believe...no older than fall of 1998.

·
1998 SE 5 speed
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
coach said:
you wouldn't have an actual pic of one of those rims would you?
Yes, I can take a pic for you but I only have one rim at my house...

I don't don't how this happend but the rest of them are still at my parents house (this is what you get when you hire your friends to help move by giving them free beer & chicken wings).

Is tomorrow okay? I can weigh it for you too.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hey Racing Gear,

When do you think you're going to get the car for the wife? My budget this year is tighter than I expected and I may pick up those kosei and khumos afterall. I need to take off my winter tires eventually. I may start asking around for prices on rims and tires soon.

Let me know...

Stan

BTW... do you know what offset they are?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.