The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can someone point me in the right direction or endow me with some knowledge on going from 16' rims to 19' rims. Will this mess with my speedometer? BTW..I'm purchasing the 19' Monoblock Nismo wheels (gunmetal). So they are light weight rims. If so what do I need to do to fix it? Appreciate the support! If there is a thread out already just delete mine and pm the link please!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody on this forum cares or knows anything?? I've had 50 people look at this post and not one comment....

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
Nobody on this forum cares or knows anything?? I've had 50 people look at this post and not one comment....
Probably 50 people who thought to themselves, "I wish people would use the search function."

Learning is something you have to do for yourself. It's not something another person can "endow" you with. Most of the people on this site (and the majority of other forums) are self-taught - i.e., they studied and learned the things they know.

To bite the bullet and answer your question, because you apparently need to be spoon-fed the answer...

1. The primary concern with going to larger wheels (btw, they're called "wheels," not "rims." The "rim" is the outside part of the wheel) is getting the right size tires. Use this site to play with different size wheel and tire combinations to figure out whether your speedometer will be effected. I found that site by Googling "wheel comparison calculator."

2. The secondary concern with going to larger wheels is the difference in weight. You're looking at forged wheels, so that will help to offset the weight difference. There will likely still be an increase in weight between your OEM 16" wheel/tire total weight and a 19" wheel/tire total weight. Here's a great article on what the difference in weight does to your car's performance. I found that site by Googling "larger wheel impact."

3. The third concern with going to larger wheels is the wheel width and offset. I'm not about to go into a full tutorial for this or answer "what would this wheel width and offset look like" questions. Go search.

On a final note, this is why you didn't receive any responses. Seasoned forum members religiously reply with Rule B. All of the information provided above exists on this forum. Also, it's only been one day since your post. Not everyone is on this forum every day.

Good luck with the new wheels.

/thread

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably 50 people who thought to themselves, "I wish people would use the search function."

Learning is something you have to do for yourself. It's not something another person can "endow" you with. Most of the people on this site (and the majority of other forums) are self-taught - i.e., they studied and learned the things they know.

To bite the bullet and answer your question, because you apparently need to be spoon-fed the answer...

1. The primary concern with going to larger wheels (btw, they're called "wheels," not "rims." The "rim" is the outside part of the wheel) is getting the right size tires. Use this site to play with different size wheel and tire combinations to figure out whether your speedometer will be effected. I found that site by Googling "wheel comparison calculator."

2. The secondary concern with going to larger wheels is the difference in weight. You're looking at forged wheels, so that will help to offset the weight difference. There will likely still be an increase in weight between your OEM 16" wheel/tire total weight and a 19" wheel/tire total weight. Here's a great article on what the difference in weight does to your car's performance. I found that site by Googling "larger wheel impact."

3. The third concern with going to larger wheels is the wheel width and offset. I'm not about to go into a full tutorial for this or answer "what would this wheel width and offset look like" questions. Go search.

On a final note, this is why you didn't receive any responses. Seasoned forum members religiously reply with Rule B. All of the information provided above exists on this forum. Also, it's only been one day since your post. Not everyone is on this forum every day.

Good luck with the new wheels.

/thread

I appreciate it. Thanks for the response. You're right. I should really think before I post something to here and do way more research. Now that I look at my post I do sound like someone that has no clue what they are talking about and wants to get spoon fed. I really do appreciate the honesty. I did try to google it but it's pretty obvious to me I was searching the wrong topic. Again thanks for your honesty. Much respect!

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
I appreciate it. Thanks for the response. You're right. I should really think before I post something to here and do way more research. Now that I look at my post I do sound like someone that has no clue what they are talking about and wants to get spoon fed. I really do appreciate the honesty. I did try to google it but it's pretty obvious to me I was searching the wrong topic. Again thanks for your honesty. Much respect!
We're all "in-it-to-win-it," so know that we support people in the community who do their best to follow the rules and use their existing resources. Thank you for owning your initial post. Rest assured that will go a long way toward building your credibility with others in the community.

Live and learn, right?

On a different note, which Nismo wheels were you looking at?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We're all "in-it-to-win-it," so know that we support people in the community who do their best to follow the rules and use their existing resources. Thank you for owning your initial post. Rest assured that will go a long way toward building your credibility with others in the community.

Live and learn, right?

On a different note, which Nismo wheels were you looking at?
Very true. I'll definitely follow the rules before posting. The last thing I want to do is destroy any credibility amongst this forum. Appreciate you being straight forward. I needed that check. True, I will learn from this for sure!

So I'm in the process of picking up the 10 spoke wheels that Nismo came out with. I think they were made for the maxima. They are made by rays engineering. i attahed the image. 19x8.5 with a +35 offset

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
Very true. I'll definitely follow the rules before posting. The last thing I want to do is destroy any credibility amongst this forum. Appreciate you being straight forward. I needed that check. True, I will learn from this for sure!

So I'm in the process of picking up the 10 spoke wheels that Nismo came out with. I think they were made for the maxima. They are made by rays engineering. i attahed the image. 19x8.5 with a +35 offset
A34's - great wheels. There are many members here and on the other Nissan forums who have them. Light for 19's, and very strong. Can't beat Rays.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts