The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
OG
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 1st gen ... as every person on this planet knows 15" wheels are stock on this car ... when i first got them installed i got them aligned at STRAUSS AUTO PARTS and they did not ask me if this is the stock rim size

now i went to BJ's WHOLESALE CLUB (they had a car center tied in with some well known car repair place) and they specifically asked if the 16"s are stock ... i said no ... they said +$15 ... i said fine
2 hours later i went to pick it up and the guy says he COULDN'T do it ... because his computer lacked some codes ...

so WTF ? whos wrong here ?!

·
OG
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll look into NTB
and what do u think about the fact that one couldn't do it and the other never asked ... cause even after the alignment i lost about 5000 miles worth of thread in about a month (~600 miles)?

is there a difference in the kind of alignment they do if u upgrade rim/tire size ?

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Mike, I think it depends on the machine and the guy operating it.

When I had the 16's, Sears had no problems aligning for me. But then when I took my car in with the 17's Rota Subzeros (it was pretty much straihgt), they made 2 attempts (and knocked the alignment WAY off) and gave up.

So out of a crap shoot, I go to WTC/STS and they had no problem aligning for me. It's still just slightly off, but they did fixed Sear fuck up.

Next time I'm going to experiment with Goodyear.

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
Sears is cool, but they wouldnt do my 18s and they said the body kit would be blocking the eye of the laser, and to top things off, they cant get it on the rack :dunno:

·
OG
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
REVEREND D said:
Bj wholesales club....that should tell you something right there.
yeah i know what you're sayin ... but they are allied with a good car place (cant remeber the goddamn name) and if u have a membership (my mom does) it costs u almost nothin (especially since i bought my replacement 15's there)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts