The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a stock 2001 GXE but will soon be gettin' some rims. Eventually I might drop it an inch or two but first will be the rims. I need to know what 18" will look like on the car and what are the downs of puttin that big as rim on there. I know 17" will work lovely but I'd rather have the 18"s. Overall, I'm going for a clean look and am not tryin' to make it look fast and furious(got a bike to scratch my speed itch and the alti to carry the crumbsnatchers and beat). I'm really into bikes but want my cage to look nice too. Just a little bit here and there makes a car look way better than when you slam it to the ground and scrape your ground effects and bumper everytime you enter a parking lot. So please send me some pics or post em. 17", 18" and kits please. The more the better. You can hit me at [email protected]. Thanks in advance!! Oh yeah almost forgot the rims don't gotta be chrome, just tight. And yes I did try and search but too short it says so if you don't wanna answer my question,........ then don't.

·
8,112 Posts
This is how I looked at it and choose my 17's over 18's.

18's: Heavier, more money, not as smooth a ride, and I would havta worry more about them cracking.

To me 18's are just all look's. I mean I would get 18's if I had the money at the time but right now im just as happy with my 17's.

·
Banned
384 Posts
18's,18's, 18's. You will be very disappointed if you go with 17's. If you do go with chrome 18's they will be quite heavy and slow your car down, crappy gas mileage to, but they will look great. I would'nt trade in my Lexani's for any other wheel. What color car you got? And I got 225/40's on my wheels and they ride smooth as hell.

·
Registered
13 Posts
4 real man!!! go fro 18's!!! if you got the money you'll be happy!!!! trust me on this one...i had 17's for 10 months and could'nt stand them, they were too small!! if you get the 18's you'll notice the dramatic profile on your car!!!! and you got a 2001!!! my man go for the gold!!!!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have 17"s, and yes 18"s will allways look better, so if you are willing to spend the money go for it, if not 17"s are still nice

·
Registered
330 Posts
go for the 18" i have 18" lexani's and i'm happy as hell with them. they give a good ride and every now and then you get the occasional are those twinkies

·
F**K a search button
282 Posts
18 in. CHROME that one inch makes all the diff in the world.

im about to get 18s-225-40-18 prob ride like shit with a 1.75 inch drop that i got now

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Hell if you got the money your already gonna suffer in gas milage and performace with 18's, so why not get 19's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts