The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys,this is a classic question for many but what should I do.I just want something to look good and ride with comfort.I also want to drop my car too.I need some pics of a 98 alty with 17 inch drop and 18 inch with drop.I need help.Thanx guys

·
aka BigDirty
41 Posts
'98 w/ 17'zz

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah 18s seems to be on my mind now.Altimatic,where did you get them Stillen Side skirts.Only thing I found was the stillen front

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
the side skirts are custom fit. their maxima stillen uerathane sides. i had my body shop do them

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
TaLon2 20 said:
i'm slammed on 18's and loving it. dont go 17..there just to dont look right...too small IMO lol
IMO 17s are about perfect...18s look too big, unless you have a decent tire size (like 225/40/18 or something like that, i think Dom has that size on his car, looks sweet...)

i went 16's, and although i love the way they are on the car, kinda wish i woulda got 17's...but i got 16's because of the way teh roads are here and the cheaper tires, not to mention it does ride a tad softer and handles just as good IMO. id say, for you, 17's, with either a 215/45/17 or 225/45/17 tire (225 will be a tad softer, but you may not even notice...) PT has 225's on his 17's and they look sick...

·
DirtyGirls4Life
5,241 Posts
soc_monki said:
handles just as good IMO.
afraid to say thats not true, if you think, your sidewalls will lean way way more than 17s or 18s........so basically you cant handle as good as something w/ low pro tires...........

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
DrgnBdy said:
afraid to say thats not true, if you think, your sidewalls will lean way way more than 17s or 18s........so basically you cant handle as good as something w/ low pro tires...........
but you also have think not only is it how low pro your sidewall is, but also how the tire is designed (some tires in a bigger size might actually have stiffer sidewalls than a low pro tire...) tread design, materials, etc. i can say an 18 is gonna handle noticeably better than my car, but a 17 wont be a huge difference. and a 17 and 18 arent going to be a huge difference from each other. i read a test of a maxima with 15s and with 16s and there hardly a difference, so its more to do than just with wheel size.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Talon 2,your rims are ill.I was thinking of getting some rims just like that.I also have 16s now 205/55 and I dread getting those rims.The side walls are too f*ckin fat for me.But the ride is smooth but now I want some 18s.I have a white alti but thanx for all your guys opinions.This has to a classic question for many

1 - 20 of 33 Posts