The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
sittin' pretty.
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm lookin at getting some Alba wheels...I need to hear from people with a second generation Altimas...I wanna know if 18s are a good idea...like if I'll still be able to turn good and all...and btw...I'm planning on lowering down about 2 inches..my guess it the best idea would be to get 17s. Am I right?

·
AKA Howey Feltersnatch
674 Posts
fuck that shit. i got 17's on my first gen, i know you said second gens but i am sure others can back me up, but 18's look SOOO much better then 17's. i think pics speak for them selfs. just look around and see the 17's on a second gen then 18's, i think you would agree w/ me. i am all about speed but when i pull up to stop light and the accord beside me has 19's and i have 17's, i feel like the little bitch i am at that moment. my vote is for 18's. latas. . .

·
Girl-Moderator
1,395 Posts
I'm really pulled both ways here. After paying for 18's, getting a flat, and having to shell out $200 for one brand new tire, mounted/balanced, etc. I would go with 17's just from a cost standpoint. If money is no object, go with 18's, even 19's. But me, just from the mere cost of new tires, over $800 for 4 new tires, makes me think I wish I would have gone with 17's, But 18's I have!

·
*Honorary Member* Bass&Style is all U need.
3,923 Posts
Ahhhh it's so nice having a hookup for shit like this... I pay $110 a tire, 225/40/18 Daytona ZR's. I paid $69 a tire for the 225/60/15 same brand. They are usually $130 a tire. :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
yep..17's, even with a ground kit, still look small on our Alty's....Save some extra cash and get the 18's.......

·
Girl-Moderator
1,395 Posts
D, are you rolling 225/40? I've been thinking of getting them
as opposed to the 215/40 but wasn't sure if anyone had tried
yet successfully. I remember reading a while back someone
said they rub a teeny bit at full lock, maybe even only to the
right, but everything else was cool. Feedback?

DeRaNgEd said:
Ahhhh it's so nice having a hookup for shit like this... I pay $110 a tire, 225/40/18 Daytona ZR's. I paid $69 a tire for the 225/60/15 same brand. They are usually $130 a tire. :D :D :D :D :D

·
Respect It or Check It!!!
98 Posts
AV what kind of rims are those??

·
Respect It or Check It!!!
98 Posts
i'm thinking of buying these 18" Giovannas for $856

1 - 14 of 14 Posts