The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Merry Christmas!
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My apologies if this has already been covered, but I did a search and was only able to find people using a 18x7.5 w/a 43mm offset.

Actually, only ThaiBruin does :)

Or at least has mentioned it here on the boards..

My question is: 1.) will the 18x7.5 w/a 45mm offset be okay for the Alti - in both fitment and appearance?

and 2.) Tire size? I know a 245/45/18 will fit on a 7.5 width, but what about on a 45mm offset? Or does the offset have nothing to do with it? The calcs seem to show that 245s would be a good fitting.. or maybe 225/45/18 is more suitable?

I was also considering 40 series, but the calcs don't seem to agree.. numbers look too way off.. am i correct in this assumption?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Continental has 235/45-18 which is almost identical in diameter to the factory tires. They are available at TireRack at almost $200 each. 45 series tires are pretty expensive.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have 245 x 45 x 18 tires on 7.5 inch wide wheels and they are fine! I got the tires from Tire Rack for about $140 each.

John

ps could someone explain how to add pictures to a post! It used to be easy.

·
Merry Christmas!
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fvee20 said:
I have 245 x 45 x 18 tires on 7.5 inch wide wheels and they are fine! I got the tires from Tire Rack for about $140 each.

John

ps could someone explain how to add pictures to a post! It used to be easy.
Thanks! How do they look, any pics?

I always thought pic posting was still "
" but if it isn't you can always e-mail me pics if you do have any..

Thanks

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
Jerome said:
My apologies if this has already been covered, but I did a search and was only able to find people using a 18x7.5 w/a 43mm offset.

Actually, only ThaiBruin does :)

Or at least has mentioned it here on the boards..

My question is: 1.) will the 18x7.5 w/a 45mm offset be okay for the Alti - in both fitment and appearance?

and 2.) Tire size? I know a 245/45/18 will fit on a 7.5 width, but what about on a 45mm offset? Or does the offset have nothing to do with it? The calcs seem to show that 245s would be a good fitting.. or maybe 225/45/18 is more suitable?

I was also considering 40 series, but the calcs don't seem to agree.. numbers look too way off.. am i correct in this assumption?

Thanks in advance!
I have 18x8 and put 245/40/18.. and I reccomend that tire size... +45 is perfect for the alti.. you should be good

1 - 9 of 9 Posts