The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, whats the 1997.5 altima? I got a 2nd gen. auto but I'm actually thinking of buying an older gen because I want standard. Anyway, is the 1997.5 like a specal edition altima?

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
danny420 said:
Hey, whats the 1997.5 altima? I got a 2nd gen. auto but I'm actually thinking of buying an older gen because I want standard. Anyway, is the 1997.5 like a specal edition altima?
I have a 97.5 GXE, and while it is special to me :D, it isn't special in any other way. It is the very last model of the first generation. There are probably some subtle electrical and mechanical differences between it and the 97.

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
i have a 97.5 SE 5spd. The only thing different is i have to use an oil filter for a 98. The 97 filter won't fit. I also have leather instead of a sunroof.

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
Isn't 97.5 the first model with the coil-in-cap distributor?

·
walk without rythm
253 Posts
Ok I was wondering the same thing so I emailed nissan service center. They responded by saying that the Limited Edition 1997.5 Altima has the following : LE floormats, LE side markers(minus the GXE in back),alloy wheels, and remote entry(i forget if the theft system was part of it or not, but I have it on mine).

So to me it sounds like its all in the packaging. Basically it has stardard add ons and is only Limited Edition because they say it is.

·
walk without rythm
253 Posts
P.S.

Do any of the LE 1997.5 come in auto. I have only seen ones with the 5sp?

·
Rollin' On Jordans
657 Posts
don't the 97.5's have a special edition badge on this side also?

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
CiscoKidRB said:
Yes it is and it causes more pain than necessary when trying to install an MSD ignition.
Or Jacobs - which is one reason I haven't gone thru with it yet.

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
T DUBS said:
don't the 97.5's have a special edition badge on this side also?
Well, they only have SE or LE if they ARE an SE or LE. My 97.5 is a GXE and nothing else :( :D

·
walk without rythm
253 Posts
mrdeucie said:
I wonder what LE sidemarkers look like?

I was wrong with my terminology. I meant they have LE badges not side markers.
My bad....

·
Registered
24 Posts
In regards to the ignition, does any one have a how to for the 1997.5? CiscoKidRB and I are stuck and don't want to mess anything up with the install. The new coil/distributor is a pain!

kierandill said:

Or Jacobs - which is one reason I haven't gone thru with it yet.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts