The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone and Happy Holidays!

I have 97 Altima GXE with up until today, the stock Cassette AM/FM. About 6 months ago the front speakers started failing intermitendly both at the same time. Two months later they stop working all together. My wife got me a Sony CD player for Xmas. Installation was a piece of cake. However still get no sound out the front speakers. I checked all the fuses and they are all OK. My question is... Is there any other module, connector, amplifier that could cause two speaker to stop working at the same time?

Please help.
Juvenal Mavares
[email protected]

·
was up
2,392 Posts
what up?
youll prob get a better reply in the audio(ICE) forum but the mod will prob move this there anyways.

id say take the door panels off(instructions in the FAQ i believe) and check all the wiring out. if everything seems fine and still no noise or movement, make sure that you have the wiring and the fader set up corectly. still no luck, i would check the wires for power with a voltmeter and if theres power but no sound, then go out and buy yourself some new door speakers.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I agree with Neegra. It's not the head unit for sure. Take the doors panels off, look at the speakers. If everything's looks ok, but they still don't work, then run some new wire directly from the head unit to the speakers.

·
ItalianStallion
325 Posts
id would agree and say it proley almost def. the wiring. if it was anything else there would be some sound comming out of the speakers

·
Registered
31 Posts
most definitely get some new speakers..you dont have to "go all out" but it will make a good differnce from stock

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought about changing the speaker wires (Radio Shack was closed Xmas day). What it seem odd is that BOTH speakers would fail or failed at the same time. If I have a break in the cable I'd figure one of them would go :confused:.

Thanks for you kind help! ;)

·
*Honorary Member* Bass&Style is all U need.
3,816 Posts
djsassan said:
I would say upgrade speakers while you are at it.
I agree.
Anything is better then stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello.... i have the same problem with my 97 it is all stock with cd player. I was just wondering if you every found out what the problem was. I think it common on 97 a co workers has done the same thing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts