The Nissan Club banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys so I got a 1998 Nissan Altima I'm building an exo-car out of, well it was running fine, few weeks ago I replaced the radiator, it still ran fine and now it runs so rough that it won't even idle more than about 5secs, I'm getting a P0115, water temp circuit failure, and the live data is reading -40F (which i know is what it defaults to when its not getting a signal) well at right about the same time the water pump started leaking so I just replaced the water temp sensor, and the water pump. still won't run, still getting P0115 code. So I started tracing wires and I'm getting 8v coming from the sensor and I traced the wire all the way into where it enters the fire wall and I'm still getting 8v there so I'm at a lost no clue what it could be.

My understanding is that on these cars the computer uses the water temp sensor to help determine fuel mapping so I assume that is why the car won't run right is because the fuel is all out of wack.
so to recap the radiator is a month old, and the water pump, and water temp sensor are brand new, and I've traced 8volts from the temp sensor all the way back to the firewall.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts