The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wrecker of Trannys
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My altima is a 5-spd and I was getting my oil changed the other day and the guy working there was telling me that I should get my 1st gear lubricated or oil changed or somethin like that. what is that all about?

im pretty sure he was not just trying to sell me the service cause i dont think that they offer it there

·
Speed Racer
185 Posts
i need mine changed. about 85,000 miles and i brought it into a shop, for a "checkup" iv been having problems shifting and i thought it was the tranny. he said the fluid was really dirty, and the bushing that the shifter sets on was going bad. he suggested that i just do it myself it shouldn't be that hard. now that is what i call a good mechanic

·
Resistance is futile
1,952 Posts
brianMholla said:
the guy working there was telling me that I should get my 1st gear lubricated or oil changed or somethin like that.
Wouldn't the other gears feel negelected?

·
Registered
498 Posts
its not a bad idea to have the tranny oil changed...its rather easy to do yourself, but you shouldnt have to for 80 thou or so miles unless you really stress it a lot. You will notice a big difference if you change it and it was dirty

·
Wrecker of Trannys
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wehn i was getting my oil change the guy siad something about a 30k mile service that involed the 1st gear oil change and some other shit, what else would be involved and is any of it necesary

1 - 10 of 10 Posts