The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 xe and im thinking about getting a secong gen. my question is which year is best??also is there a good amount of aftermarket parts for it?? and is a stock 2nd gen faster than a stock first gen (both being 5 speeds)?any and all advice is appreciated!!

·
502 Posts
get 00 or 01, they got various upgrades including the +5 hp, cornering lights, full red tails, some interior changes, key immobilizer and other minor goodies

i'm happy with my 98. some people don't like the 2nd gen styling but i do.

not sure about the performance but the difference is minor if any.

·
Registered
432 Posts
benssax said:
Nope 2nd gens are HEAVY!! a good bit slower. I have a 2000 and like it.
Not that much heavier though and definetely NOT slower. According to the official Nissan website:
1997 Altima SE 5spd-2882 lbs and 150 hp =>19.213 lbs per hp
2000 Altima SE 5spd-2962 lbs and 155 hp =>19.109 lbs per hp
So one could theoretically argue that despite being heavier by 80 lbs. the 2nd Gen has a better power to weight ratio than a 1st Gen :D , but I could be biased since I drive a 2000 SE :angel1:
H.

http://www.nissannews.com/?http://www.nissannews.com/nissan/2000vehicles/altima/index.shtml

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
i love ma 2.5 gen...it's great...i think the only ones u should avoid is the 01 GXE-LEs...heard lots of ppl had probs w/ it....

but love ma 01 SE...w/ everything...and yea...the car it's heavy....

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Siizzzoooo said:
i hate my car, buy it....NOW! :mad:
god damn man. Your gonna tell me that no one in your state will buy that car? Everytime the issue of new cars come up you always try to push yours :)

·
I'm The Yellow Member
5,268 Posts
Siizzzoooo said:
i hate my car, buy it....NOW! :mad:
Hey Siz, I tried selling my car on various nissan forums as well, and hell, seems like no one wants to buy modded altimas :eek: and plus you would loose too much money if you would sell it. I'm keeping mine :p plus I would miss it too much :(

but good luck with yours anyway =]

·
too cute
1,357 Posts
I've owned both a first gen and second. i prefer my second gen overall. If you do decide to get a second gen, get the 00-01 like everyone else mentioned. Lots of tweeks here and there. Another nice thing on this model is that the antenna is built into the rear window.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Ehhnoonecares said:
i like my 99 altima....but it is kinda slow....i personally like the 98-99 altimas more than the 00-01 altimas....they look better imo
98-99's have high fronts, dated headlights, and ugly tails. :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
2nd gen 00-01, they are better cuz the minor changes in the engine made it run a bit better. but i heard the 1st gens had a LSD which made going around turns better.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts