1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i want to take out the door handles (interior ones) on a first gen:

do i need to take off the whole door panel?:rolleyes:

or

can i take off the handle surround thing, and take it out that way?

i just got the 93/94 chrome handles, and i need to figure out how to put them in the easiest way! :cool:

thanx in advance!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn really?!?!

ok.. another question for 93-94 owners...

the guy who shipped them to me, also sent me a chrome switch... is this for the driver side door, or passenger side (it's chrome too)

on my passenger door (that plastic surround for the door handle) there's a space that looks like it could hold the lock unlock switch (that he gave me) is that a GLE option? having both front doors being able to lock or unlock?

if so... is it a plug and play thing? (will the wires already be there, or will i hafta run them if i wish to add the switch)..

THANX AGAIN!!!! :)

·
I don't care
3,361 Posts
altimuh said:
on my passenger door (that plastic surround for the door handle) there's a space that looks like it could hold the lock unlock switch (that he gave me) is that a GLE option? having both front doors being able to lock or unlock?
It goes right there but I don't think you have the wires. I was in a 96 and noticed it didn't have the switch so I took it out and it looks like the switch was just replaced with the plastic. My 94 GXE has the switch but I think they took it of after 94 b/c they have that auto lock thingy with that passenger door.

You could put it in there but I bet it'll just conuse people. I always have people locking and unlocking the doors instead of rolling down the windows.

If I can find a pic I'll post it.

Also do you have an ashtray behind the center console (right above the "hump") that's something else I noticed Nissan took out.

G

·
wow... I never knew some didn't have a locking switch on the passenger door. Mine does. And yes... almost everyone that rides in them car hits the door lock switch instead of the window switch. Hell I've even done it when I was in the passenger seat.

Demmy

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ben said:
Also do you have an ashtray behind the center console (right above the "hump") that's something else I noticed Nissan took out.
i have a panel there.. no astray...

thanx 4 the pix

how hard is it to pull off the door panel and put it back on... i know how to do it.. but i don't know how hard it is...

·
7,727 Posts
it's relatively simple if you have installed speakers before. I bought the ashtray that goes in the rear and it cost me $30. My '95 GXE gives the passengers the option to unlock all the doors also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts