The Nissan Club banner

1st gen Infiniti G20 SR20DET engine swap

6K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  koga 
#1 ·
It's been done .. on page 258 in December issue of Sport compact car! Come on guys, someone do it w/the Altima! :)

#5 ·
and it has been done to an alty. ever heard of a jap spec. bluebird!

#7 ·
Forget about it ... The Bluebird came with the DET stock!!! , even the ones with out the turbo had SR20DE engines ... The DET in G20 is a somewhat simple bolt in ... same engines , just one has a turbo ( and a few other goodies ) ... the Altima would take some serious welding and fabricating to make it just fit ... then you have to convert almost everything around to make evrything work right .... Trust me I have had a SR20DET in an Altima engine bay to see what it would take , and unless you are a pro welder , have tons of time and work on cars every day it cant be done .... At least it wouldnt be worth the investment ...... Believe me if it would be worth it I would be doing it .. I have a SR20DET and SE-R trans. at my shop ... Theres a reason they arent in my car !!!!

#11 · (Edited)
firemunki and victor are dumbasses. im no newbie either. my remark about the bluebird is that it has a sr20det(jap spec meaning only in japan).
firemunki, go **** yourself idiot. the g20's sr20de is the same motor found in the bluebird. only difference is you can get the bluebird w/the det motor(meaning turboed from the factory). and if you didn't realise it, the bluebird is an altima.

and victor obviously you must still be a newbie with 6000 post if you don't realise what motors are available in altima/bluebird.

#12 ·
SHAWN said:
Forget about it ... The Bluebird came with the DET stock!!! , even the ones with out the turbo had SR20DE engines ... The DET in G20 is a somewhat simple bolt in ... same engines , just one has a turbo ( and a few other goodies ) ... the Altima would take some serious welding and fabricating to make it just fit ... then you have to convert almost everything around to make evrything work right .... Trust me I have had a SR20DET in an Altima engine bay to see what it would take , and unless you are a pro welder , have tons of time and work on cars every day it cant be done .... At least it wouldnt be worth the investment ...... Believe me if it would be worth it I would be doing it .. I have a SR20DET and SE-R trans. at my shop ... Theres a reason they arent in my car !!!!
well they put a sr20det in that bmw and i think civic? I'm sure that was an easy task too. heh.

#13 ·
koga said:

a what bird? YOUR TALKING JIBBERISH!

i think he was just being sarcastic...or i hope he was :D :cool:

shek
you drive an alty an you don't even know what is called in other countries. what a idiot. do some research about your car before you start posting shit.

#14 ·
clo008 said:
firemunki and victor are dumbasses. im no newbie either. my remark about the bluebird is that it has a sr20det(jap spec meaning only in japan).
firemunki, go **** yourself idiot. the g20's sr20de is the same motor found in the bluebird. only difference is you can get the bluebird w/the det motor(meaning turboed from the factory). and if you didn't realise it, the bluebird is an altima.

and victor obviously you must still be a newbie with 6000 post if you don't realise what motors are available in altima/bluebird.

Hey shitbrick, they're different cars!!

The underpans are completely different. As are the engine bays, suspension, trannys.....do I need to continue.

#16 ·
clo008 said:

hey cocksmoker, just so u know....both alty's had the u13 frame and thats about it...otherwise they were completely different....

#18 ·
clo008 said:
my remark about the bluebird is that it has a sr20det(jap spec meaning only in japan).
the g20's sr20de is the same motor found in the bluebird. only difference is you can get the bluebird w/the det motor(meaning turboed from the factory). and if you didn't realise it, the bluebird is an altima.

you don't realise what motors are available in altima/bluebird.
Hey retard we already knew everything that you posted. We have this discussion every month or so. You are not the only person who knows what a Bluebird is or what motors are in different Nissan cars.

#19 ·
clo008 said:

you drive an alty an you don't even know what is called in other countries. what a idiot. do some research about your car before you start posting shit.

easy there pal i knoe altima everywhere as matter of fact i was in filippines over the summer......

just relax a bit

i think about 70% of the people here know about "jspec" ish...

i dont recall myself calling out any names ( in response to idiot ) and i research the altima a lot....if you read my post you would see that i am not disagreeing with you about there being a bluebird....

anywho later

-shek

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.