The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a KA24DE engine from a 94 Altima with 145K miles on it that I purchased from a junk yard ($375) with the intention of making performance mods (oversized pistons, bored intake, JWT cams, etc) and replacing my stock engine; however, my current economic situation will not allow me to do this. So I'm posting this thread for two reasons:

(1) If someone wants the engine I will sell if for $125 - yes only $125 (since I can't do anything, I want to make it affordable for you to do the mods and get some of my money back). The only thing that is wrong with the engine is that the exhaust cam has a small crack in the end flange (see pictures) - which most of us would replace with JWT cams. Every thing else looks good.

(2) I took the engine apart to see if there were any major problems and I took pictures of the entire process...so some of you may like to see the pictures (timing chain, pistons, cylinder walls, etc). I'm not too good at posting pictures so I put them on a website were you can view them - there are about 28 pixs (there are listed in reverse order..I was putting the engine back together when I took the pictures).

Ok...I hope at least the pixs help some of you see how to replace the timing chain and what is involved in removing it (alot of SXXX). Anyhow, if anyone wants a good motor for less than what the timing cover would cost by itself - let me know. But you have to pick it up (Richmond, Virginia) - I might drive up to 50 miles to deliver it to you for a small fee though - or meet you have way. Regardless if no one wants the engine, look at the pixs and hopefully it will help you guys on your DIY jobs (I've been fixing cars for years).

Website Link Below:

http://www28.brinkster.com/opusinnovation/altima2.asp

·
Gone but not forgotten
369 Posts
I'm thinking about it but dont have anyplace to put an extra engine at the moment. If I find someplace for it I'll like to get it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's ok with me....It's going to sit in my garage until it gets in my way (but as it stands now I have plenty of space). You can always cover it up with something outside; but I won't suggest that. Also, only get if you are truly serious about having a spare engine or fixing up a racing motor - otherwise, you will never make time to do...life gets busy and you have to let some things go - For me, it was this engine.

·
Red Sleeper
5,340 Posts
ryanD lookin for a new motor.....motor self destructed on the juice....check out the turbo forum.

94_se

·
Registered Member
175 Posts
I want it!!! PM me and tell me whats up. I'd even drive up and get it. But im thinking it wont fit in my trunk, and my car is all i got. hit me back.

·
RS-R = Authentic JDM
1,594 Posts
lol no it wont fit in the trunk. See if Peterson will let you borrow his roof rack! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts