The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to my instuctor in my ignition systems class and he recomended that i install a programable comp. in my car. Does any one on here know of anybody that makes them for an altima? if so where can i pick one up at?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Jim wolf technology makes one it is $595 plus a core charge of $700 you will get that back once you give them your old one they are located in cali

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Programable ??? JWT isnt Programable , its reprogramed , but you cant make any changes to it ...

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
"and stand alone fuel management system. not a bad way to spend 10 thousand dolla"

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
chiadog said:
"and stand alone fuel management system. not a bad way to spend 10 thousand dolla"

Just the sound of it makes me think "ha ha dollar sign bag, check"

·
Registered
172 Posts
you can reprogram it if you have the right tools and a dyno i talked to ben about it for about 1 hour and a half

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
Jonbrown said:
if you have the right tools and a dyno
um no. it take a lot more than just tools and dyno to program the chip. even jwt can't crack the 97+ code.

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
u still need to desolder the original chip and put in a reprogrammable rom. and tuning ecu is not a job for ur average technician. look at jet with its huge resources, and still can't tune it as good as jwt.

·
Registered
172 Posts
im saying after you send your ecu to them when you get it back then you can reprogram it like air/fuel ratio and stuff like that

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
i guess u could, if u have the equipment and know the programming.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts