The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
232 Posts
WRONG!!! I drive a 94 GXE and my friend has a 97 accord EX. All we ever do is race each other. We raced, took off at the almost EXACT same time. I took off on him a little, then he slowly caught up right next to me. We went up to 85 miles an hour and just stopped cause we couldn't pass each other up. He has 75,000 miles on his car and the car is in perfect condition. 65,000 miles were driven by his grandma and he only drives the car hard when he race. My car just got a nissan checkup and failed 42/50 test they administered. I have a 181,000 miles. A tranny that's about to blow ... or fall of, whatever comes first. So basically, if my car was in the same condition as my friends, I would've taken him by a car or two. Have you ever even raced an accord before? They are so slow it's not even funny. BTW, it was an I4. As for mods ... I have a catback exhaust and he has an AEM cold air intake, DC 4-2-1 Headers, and full catback exhaust. So you do the math. He's got a better condition car, hell even my tranny lags. He has WAY less miles that were granny driven while I beat the hell out of my car, and he has all the basic bolt-on's while i only have the cat. So if we were bone stock ... ALTIMA ALL THE WAY! We aren't that slow just to let you know.

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
MachoMachoMan said:
the're faster
You really think so? I've raced my brothers 96 accord and smoked his shit everytime. We're both autos and the only thing he had was an intake and thats all I used to have also.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Altima vs accord....lol

I dont want to sound cocky, all i have done to my car performance wise is just a wai and custom made headers. Everything else is stock on my 1st gen. I ALWAYS and i mean always meaning that i have never been beaten by an accord and only got beat by a civic one time(it was really built). So to answer your question, altimas are faster unless they have alot of shit done to them. just my $.02

·
VTEC V6
211 Posts
Yeah, I think my SE has the take-off advantage of a 1997 Accord (Lack of torque)... But it doesn't have a chance against my mom's 2001 Accord EX coupe manual with the four-cylinder. Her car will run circles around the Altima... and be soooo much smoother and sound so much better doing so.

·
w00t
5,996 Posts
dunno bout u guys but in my area (miami) is a honda heaven.. i mean everywhere u look there is a fool with a civic or an accord.. i've practically raced em all.. stock and with stuff in it. all the stock civic's from 93 - 02 i've raped... as for the accords... i've raced and beaten the 88 - 00. i don't think i've raced a 01 or a 02.. and i have yet to race the new one's cuz old people have em now lol... but yes it is right about accords being slow... so yea i've never lost a stock race :)

·
-L-
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol good luck with the new Accords seeing as how they come stock with a v6 so an stock alty couldnt beat it youd have to do some work on your car adn more the exhasut and headers

·
w00t
5,996 Posts
Well, slam a 03 Alty and surely it'll spank it.. but i know my boundries on what and what not to race.. and i have raced some v6's and won.. i suppose the fool i raced didn't know what he's doin but thats a win under my belt ;)

·
w00t
5,996 Posts
no lol.. i don't have the new alty.. i just said slap a new one against the new accords and it'll still get spanked lol... but as for my 1st gen i know my boundries.. but sooner or later i'll bring her up against far better car's.. i do race some v6's and i do win :) if u know whatcha doin u can win! lol

·
Red Sleeper
5,340 Posts
}{yBr1D said:
. i do race some v6's and i do win :) if u know whatcha doin u can win! lol

sorry y'all but i smoke my buddies 98 accord v6 auto accord 4-door everytime we run....it's stock, dropped on eibachs w/18's giovanna geneva's.......the honda runs quietly & smoothly.....my opinion is that a 3.5v6 will hand the new accord a smackdown.

94_se

ps. 2003 honda accord v6 2-door 240hp at the crank accordin to honda.

·
Music Selecta'
566 Posts
I have a first gen and I spanked a 4 cyl 3rd gen. It was funny!

as for accords, I hate! a particular person that sports an accord, and he thinks its the fastest shit (he has a integra engin in it) or something. but im gonna get the chance to blow his doors off someday, and it will feel good.

·
VTEC V6
211 Posts
Accord's standard engine is a 2.3L i-VTEC I4... Not the 3.0L VTEC V6. According to tests, the new Accord V6 will run stride-for-stride with the Altima 3.5SE. Thus far, Motor Trend Magazine says the 2003 3.5SE is the fastest FWD car they have ever tested, but the torque steer makes it nearly impossible to start off and hold it at full throttle. That's all expected to change when they test the new Accord V6 coupe with the six-speed, though.

Speed just isn't what makes the Accord -- it's the Honda feel that's unbeatable.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts