The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mennis1516
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1st Nissan... Rogue Forum Demand?

Hello forum, I am a proud owner of a 2017.5 Nissan Rogue SV AWD. As a first owner of any brand vehicle we tend to be a bit nervous and all that but I hope (and pray) that it doesn't disappoint. I've already had a few run-ins with the vehicle, such as an apparent infamous driver seat squeak, that I found no help to resolve and id like to share with you my solution to it. I also hope to add any other features (OEM features) that didn't come with my trim level and share my experience with the forum.

I already see that there's no Rogue Forum but lets see where this goes. Apparently there's little demand on the Rogue but as a high selling vehicle I feel that for this sort of website that fact should change. I have so many ideas that I want to do to my vehicle and adding a Rogue Forum would be greatly appreciated. And yes ADMIN I know this isn't the place to request a Rogue Forum but it's just my way of saying hello to the forum and my first thoughts on it. God bless everyone.

P.S.
Maybe someone can tell me what the "2017.5" means hahaha.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would also like to say hello and second the request for a Rogue forum. I am the new owner of a 2018 Rogue SV AWD and would also like to share experiences in adding features as well as help with problems.

For example, I'm in the process of adding more interior lighting as well as "puddle lights" and finding current info on how to tap into the various circuits has been difficult. Because of the popularity of the Rogue, there must be others out there that like the challenge of adding features themselves whether it's aftermarket products or OEM accessories.

--Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings, Ray from Colorado here.

YES, I must jump on the Rogue forum request wagon as well! What's so great about Altimas anyway? They aren't even AWD. Just kidding, a friend of mine just got one of the SR Ultimas and it's a sweet ride. I have an old 2013 Rogue though and am trying to find info on a significant and getting worse whirring noise and relative vibration coming from up front. I'm scared it's the CVT as I was not aware being this my first vehicle with a CVT that the transmission fluid has to be changed so much more often. I got the car as a returned lease program car with 34k on it and it just rolled 100k and upon noticing the noise and figuring it was coming from possibly the tranny I have done a bit of reading and now I'm in panic mode because I do not have the ability to buy another car right now and my job depends on me having a vehicle.
I don't like the idea of these new CVT transmissions at all, I have always owned trucks and cars with conventional automatic transmissions and you pretty much never have to change the transmisson fluid unless you overheat it and burn it. There's something like a 75,000 mile maintenance recommendation for it on some vehicles but I'm going to be 50 in a month or so and out of the 25 or so vehicles that I've owned , I have only ever had to change the fluid in an automatic transmission once and never in a manual although I don't care for manual transmissions so I haven't owned that many. The one I did change was an old 1978 Chevy Malibu Classic with a modestly built 327c.i./THM350 package that I used to drag race with. I would trailer it to the track when racing it but that was only because i would remove most of the exhaust system and put slicks on the rear and didn't want to do it there on race day. Other than that it was also pretty much a daily driver if I wasn't using my truck for work. I changed it after about the 10th track day because it smelled burned and then ran it many many more times before selling it to a friend of mine who put the engine and tranny package into his C-10 pickup and ran that thing for years after.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from Texas. I've worked at Nissan dealerships, (back when it was named Datsun) and have owned numerous Nissan/Datsuns. Starting with the HoneyBee, Sentra, 710, 260Z and now a 2018 Nissan Rogue SL that we bought new in Jan 2019. I'm surprised that there isn't a Rogue Forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts