The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
It's Paid For.
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just finished installing the header and was out giving the paces to the new wonder. So I am sitting at a light waiting to turn left, (2 lanes) and I see the blue lights of a civic rolling up. Well right before the civic arrives at the light, it changes. So I new I was already down by a rolling start. I come off the line strong, feathering through the wide turn as not to lose traction. Exiting the turn I punch it, bah bah bah..shit, rev limit already? Bam! 2nd gear whails, now I sit at the rear bumper, car is just surging forward, at her door, I hit rev limit again, jeez this thing pulls. 3rd gear, walked way like she was in reverse. She the tried to toy with me for about another mile. I'd give her the jump, and just cruise on by, and wave. I think she didn't like that. But it was roughly a 96 with bolts ons. Couldn't believe the difference that the header made. A must for every Altima household.

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
nice kill... but word to the wise, bouncing the rev limiter like that is really bad for your engine.

·
many words, few of wisdom
1,214 Posts
sweet, rev limiter/ redline bad though

·
My Alti got da last laugh
1,546 Posts
str8altima said:
Good kill!! I got a header too and some nitrous and I cant wait to get it all installed .:D
you still will be slower than me.:p i got parts a coming

·
2.0T, 2.3T, and 2.4 N/A
4,863 Posts
true that....

I am putting my header (hotshot) on this SAT... it's gonna be a loud sleeper! :p

I have a 5" tach w/ shift light mounted at the top of my dash... my desired shift point is 6000 RPM... shift light comes on, and SHIFT_happiness!!!!

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
I'd shift earlier if I were you, right around 5.5K, you'll see better results cause our cams suck balls after 4.5k.

·
Red Sleeper
5,340 Posts
header makes the ka motor come alive!! yeah..........i got stillen.. :bigok:

:D
stillen header
pr cai w/monsterflow filter
greddy catback
swa pulley
stillen fstb
nokya pedals
eve stock

94_se

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
carl, i agree with your reasoning, but i tried that back in the day and was slower.

it's better whind out the gear to get you higher in the power band of the next gear. Trust me, i tried this and a couple tenths slower with the earlier shifting points.

good kill, super. Glad to hear you like the header
now go run some 15's!!

·
It's Paid For.
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Only problem is I work until 6:30 in Melbourne. But i am shooting for low 15's if I can get better 60ft times. Last time 60fts were 2.5-2.6, but my tires also suck.

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
RyanD said:
carl, i agree with your reasoning, but i tried that back in the day and was slower.

it's better whind out the gear to get you higher in the power band of the next gear. Trust me, i tried this and a couple tenths slower with the earlier shifting points.

Even in like the second to third shift?

Second is really terrible after about 4800K on my car.I usually shift early and just wind 3rd all the way out to redline.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts