The Nissan Club banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here on the forum. Hello to all forum members.

I just bought a 07 2.0l 6-speed manual. The second day of driving the engine light came on. I ran the code and it was a high idle code. I found that the "rubber intake" between the throttle body and mass air had a big crack in it. So I replaced it with a new one. Before I installed it I unplugged the electrical connector to the throttle body so i could open it and sprayed it with carb cleaner and wiped clean with a rag. I installed the boot and did the idle relearn. Started it up and it idled perfect around 700 rpms. When i revd up the engine it had a slight mis. Driving down the road with my foot barely on the pedal it was fine all the way up to high rpms. As soon as I tried to accelerate past a 1/4 throttle it would hesitate really bad and the engine light would flash until i got off the throttle. I drove it to work this morning and it was fine as long as i didn't give more then 1/4. Runs smooth through rpms when im barely on the gas. The car never hesitated at all with the hole in the rubber boot before i changed it. It actually ran really good. Is there a way to check and see if the throttle is opening fully open when pressing the gas pedal? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long first post.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts