The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there is a big enough interest in the Altima 2.5 Turbo System, we can adapt our Sentra Spec V Turbo Kit (which is being tested at 10 psi as we speak) to the new platform. The pricing will be about $4599 for the complete turbo kit, and you can expect 250WHP out of the box.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If it's CARB excempt, then more people would be interested. $4599 + installation = ? or is that including installation?

·
Honorary So Cal Member
16,046 Posts
What about financing for this?? Some of us do not have that kinda change just lieing around. Plus how would this work as far as getting it in the car?? You send us the parts and then we would have to find a place to put it in for us??

·
say when.....
1,504 Posts
OH yeah, there are plenty of us 2.5'ers that would jump all over the turbo. Hope you can make one available to us soon!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cplabaunza said:
If it's CARB excempt, then more people would be interested. $4599 + installation = ? or is that including installation?

No this kit will not be CARB Exempt, and the price does not include installation.

·
Registered
172 Posts
No CARB exemption = No SSR Engineering turbo for me. Someone else a while back offered to make their turbo for the Altima CARB exempt if enough people were interested in the CARB excemption. Anyways sorry; that pretty much rules out 80-90% of Cali Alti owners.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Even if you can turn down the boost with the SAFC, you will never pass the visual inspection.

·
TRINI member
1,551 Posts
You understand a SAFC doesn't control how much boost you have?
Oh, i always thought the S-AFC was a boost controller, considering that i've only seen it on turbo cars.

Even if you can turn down the boost with the SAFC, you will never pass the visual inspection
Thank God that New York doesn't have a visual inspection...:D

·
The lost aren't forgotten
1,197 Posts
ugh an SAFC is nothing more than a fuel ratio management system that helps you lean/richen out your car, and yes a lot of people end up running very lean with a stock fuel pump and then choose to run an SAFC to help even themselves out, it has absolutely nothing to do with turbo timing or control. although is nice to have, I acually think more Naturally aspirated motor builders use SAFC's than the forced induction enthusiasts, hope i cleared up a little of that confusion... now on the other hand, there is something that controls boost, but it isn't electric, it looks like this and you put it inside your wastegate.

as for the uber gay thing, its just a joke.

http://www.dawesdevices.com/hybrid.JPG

1 - 19 of 19 Posts