The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planing to put a custom catback but i dont know wats the best fit for my car ???its 2003. is there different kinds of pipes that im not aware of??

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm looking for the same thing.
Preferrably a Dual-Exhaust catback system.
I'm new to the scene and don't know much about the system.
If someone can give me an explaination on what are the differences with exhaust and muffler? and what does the catback system do. All i know is that it increases more horse power than if I want a Y split on my exhaust.

Thanks!

:repost:

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
dual exhaust on a 2.5 means that you WILL LOSE low-end torque. I suggest mandrel bent 2.25" or 2.5" piping and only one muffler. Also I suggest you get a resonator cuz that shit will be whiny and ricey and attract cops, if you don't. Also, I suggest getting Mandrel bent piping. Crushed bent is restrictive and cheaper, but I would not want to go and put cheap engine/exhaust stuff in my car. Would you?

Basically, ONE MUFFLER, mandrel bent 2.25" or 2.5" piping, and a resonator(Magnaflow makes good ones)

·
Banned
942 Posts
i just did mine, Custom catback with magnaflow resonator using the Stillen Muffler. 2.25" pipe with mandrel bent. got it all done for 110. it sounds so much better, and you can feel the power. its still needs time to break in, but its getting quieter.

·
Banned
942 Posts
TweekersAltima said:
how big is the power difference? high-end, low-end, or all throughout? also, was that 110 w/out the price of the stillen muff?
ya that was the price without the stillen muff,.

·
Banned
942 Posts
TweekersAltima said:
how big is the power difference? high-end, low-end, or all throughout? also, was that 110 w/out the price of the stillen muff?
i feel the car shootup in speed... i like the feeling... haha! but i dont recommend stillen... too expensive.. call greddy. they make a catback exhaust for our altimas. Greddy EVO

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
naw, i don't want a muffler that everyone will have.....maybe tanabe or something like that....NoSh8me's 3.5 has some really nice muffs....200 each...i was thinkin' bout that muffler w/ some custom 2.25", mandrel-bent piping for 100-130 bucks. Also a cheapy 50 to 100 dollar resonator. I don't wanna follow the oem piping pattern either. I am gonna do like JBL wants to and have the piping come str8 out and bend just a little to get the muffler near the cutout in the bumper. But it's not gonna come str8 out. It's gonna come out sideways like some WRX's have.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
TweekersAltima said:
naw, i don't want a muffler that everyone will have.....maybe tanabe or something like that....NoSh8me's 3.5 has some really nice muffs....200 each...i was thinkin' bout that muffler w/ some custom 2.25", mandrel-bent piping for 100-130 bucks. Also a cheapy 50 to 100 dollar resonator. I don't wanna follow the oem piping pattern either. I am gonna do like JBL wants to and have the piping come str8 out and bend just a little to get the muffler near the cutout in the bumper. But it's not gonna come str8 out. It's gonna come out sideways like some WRX's have.

dont copy me :azzhole: :bawl:

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
i'll be damn sure that my muffler won't match yours Nick, cuz I have taste:D...j/m don't start on my ghetto bubblin' paint:p

Stavios: I just have a muffler right now....can't wait till i save up and can get rid of that shitty muffler. I mean, it sounds nice but it is cheap quality and has no hp gains. I want a muffler that gives hp gains like the Tanabe one. Match that up with piping and it should be sweet.

·
AIM: BaseballtoHeart
362 Posts
where did you all get your custom catbacks from? i'm getting one soon and want to know where a good place to get it done is.....

·
Banned
942 Posts
curta34 said:
where did you all get your custom catbacks from? i'm getting one soon and want to know where a good place to get it done is.....
any muffler shop, but make sure they use MANDREL BENT.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts