The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dynoed my 02 Altima 2.5S right after I drove it on traffic for about 30 minutes. We did 3 runs. The result for this Dyno is:

147.8 HP and 158.4 TQ

My car has the following Mods:
AEM CAI Intake
Unorthodox Racing Crank Pulley
Stillen Header/ Racepipe

Again this run was taken with the Engine Hot. No Cool Down.
Someone Stole my Horses:angry4:

However despite these numbers, this car feels a lot faster than stock.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Well I think you dyno'ed it the right way, because that 147hp is how much power you have when driving on a daily basis, your not always running your car when the motor is cool.

But you can always do it again with it cool another day.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,287 Posts
Those numbers sound pretty good to me..Why waste money on a dyno when you could put that into your mods??

You need a dead pedal....5 rwhp:p

·
Snow White 3.5 SE
580 Posts
how could that be true? stock SE-R spec V dynoed around 140hp at the wheels...

·
A+, MCP
1,111 Posts
My question maybe stupid, but what's 141whp means? What's the different between wheel hp and the "real" hp? Supposingly, the 2.5 should produce 175hp @ 6,000rpm?

·
Registered
280 Posts
HKNinja said:
My question maybe stupid, but what's 141whp means? What's the different between wheel hp and the "real" hp? Supposingly, the 2.5 should produce 175hp @ 6,000rpm?
whp means wheel horse power, the 175 hp that your car has is at the crank, you loose a percent of that power, by various rerasons, like A/C, alternator, transmision, etc., and what you have to really move the car is whp

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
djsung815 said:
how could that be true? stock SE-R spec V dynoed around 140hp at the wheels...
I feel bad for fugitive then, because that sucks with those mods he is only getting 7hp.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
What kind of crappy dyno is that....they should not advertise that, our motor doesnt drop down to 105lbs of torque at high rpms...i know it feels like it....but I highly doubt that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone interested in buying an AEM CAI, Stillen Header with Racepipe and Intercept Box, UR Underdrive Pulley for the 2.5S.
I traded my car in for the 3.5 SE 2003. I cant beat a 2.9% Interest Rate from NMAC. It kept my payments the same despite the $2000 negative equity on my 2.5S. These parts have under 2500 miles on them. I will take $600 for all three.

·
Registered
25 Posts
FUGTIVE, thats not bad, SCC got 143hp and 146ft lbs of torque and thats with the spec v's 6speed, the altima only has a 5, and its not nearly as effieciet either, so thats respectable FWHP numbers, can complain, and the dyno mustve been f*cked up, cuz the altima and spec v get their PEAK torque at like 6k rpms, the torque skyrockets right there and then drops dramatically again, and $600 is a good price, but unfortnately i jus got another job today, and wont have the money for a lil while, but id be more than happy to talk about it if u dont sell them before i get the money

·
Registered
70 Posts
fugitive, check your pm's

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stillen

Hello,
If you can wait till possibly this friday , you got a deal. S/H is additional. They are coming from Florence Arizona. They are currently being pulled out by Midway Nissan in Phoenix.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
In reference to the disbelief over 126whp for the 2.5, that sounds like the automatic (I'm sure some already figured that out). The nissan auto is very closely related to the one's from the 1st/2nd gen (of course diff ratios betw 1st/2nd gen) even sharing the same tranny code minus the last letter which in the 02's case is B instead of A. My point is all of these including my 93 auto have dynoed at around 22/23% losses at the wheels which is average considering most 5 speeds lose 15-20%. What is disheartening is that w/ VTC and the new design, Nissan only managed to gain 10hp over the 00/01 engine, and the dyno proves it. Maybe YOUR newer 2.5s have a very restrictive head/cams/ etc, although the HS headers also prove the stock manifold is very restrictive. BTW, just for more info, my 93 gxe w/140k at the time dynoed at 115whp stock w/ no fan or anything blowing into it and 121 w/ a POP charger.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts