s there a point to do any? Gimme your opinions
on this. 2.5 Owners is there a point?? should
i even touch underneath the hood or just
leave it the way it is and work on interior
and exterior work? Thanks for the inputs

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Depends what you want. Do you want the car to look better? Do you want the car to go faster? Do you want both? It's really up to you.

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
5,563 Posts
what's the point? a little more kick. Before the 3.5 owners get back on their high horses and start talking out their asses about "well you should have gotten a 3.5 instead!" Let me reply "well, no shit!" But here's where I and all the other 2.5 owners stand. We already have a 2.5, and unless you guys can find us that magical DeLorean that can shoot us back in time to the day before we bought our cars, your arguments and points are worthless. No, souping up a 2.5 with a CAI and other little bolt ons will never make our cars as fast as yours, but it'll make are cars faster than it already is. And that's the point. Okay... it's early in the morning, sorry for getting my panties all in a bunch so soon. :)

·
2,883 Posts
modding you car is personal preference. it shouldn't matter what kind of car you have. don't try to make you car as fast as an se, make it faster than it is now. props to thai. he has one of the best looking altimas here se or not. se's are fast but it will never be as fast as a vette. if I had the 2.5 I would start with some show mods, rims, kit, etc. then work on some go mods.

·
boba addict
776 Posts
i have the lowest of all (automatic 2.5) :):)

and i'm gunna mod it, any way i want, performance mods, show mods, whatever. if i enjoy doing it, i'll do it.

i have friends that tell me there's no point in adding performance things to my car, i might as well get a stick shift or a 3.5

well that's plain stupid, you mod your car why? to make it better than it already is (performance wise, comfort wise, looks-wise). it does not matter what kind of car you have

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
ThaiBruin said:
Before the 3.5 owners get back on their high horses and start talking out their asses about "well you should have gotten a 3.5 instead!" Let me reply "well, no shit!"
LOL!

·
M W S
1,274 Posts
well you should have gotten - oh never mind.
i didn't see your post, while sitting up here on my great white stallion.

;)

·
Puggy the Pimp
185 Posts
First of all, I don't race my car...and to be honest I really don't have a heavy foot at all. Now I am not gonna sit here and lie, I do like to "open" her up a little every now and then but that is not the reason that I am going to do some mods to her. The mods I add will be solely for my enjoyment and so the car can run more effecient and so it will look good (for my enjoyment). So, the way I see it what you plan to do to your car will be well worth it TO YOU! Which should be the main reason to do it at all. It's your car brother.....whatever kind of car it is....do whatever you want! Peace!:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
I totally agree with ThaiBruin.
:D

We have what we have and if there is a way to make better why not?

I picked my 2.5SL for the better gas mileage, since I drive 180 miles round trip to work every day.
So far I have been averaging 31-32mpg.
Not bad for a sweet looking car. And since I don't plan on doing any racing, It works for me.
:cool:

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Mods are worth doing to your car if you desire to possess the end result of those mods. If you want more power out of your 2.5 then do some power mods to it...its your car.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Imo go for the go mods first-we are very close to being able to take many 6 bangers now with a with alittle boost many will bite the dust-kinda fun to say "cant believe my little 4 banger beat your 6.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
I was talkin to some of my buddies who built their own car. They said 4 cylinder Altima is a POS and its not worth modifying engine wise. The owner of STR has one and they are making some performance parts, but they all still call it a POS.

By the way, my friends have a Honda CRX that does a 1/4 in 9 Seconds all motor, just dyno'ed in at 300hp to the front wheels using a B18 block, so I trust what they have to say.

·
Registered
442 Posts
what up guys... have not been on this board for a while... anyways about mods on the 2.5... i think personalizing your car we exterior and engine mods is a must to be a little bit more unique than the other altimas and gain a lil power from the engine... car looks great by itself... i recently installed a custom cat-back 2-1/4 with tenzo-r exhaust... i could feel a huge difference on the throttle and the response of the car.... later guys... will post pix soon...

·
Senior Code Monkey
923 Posts
ThaiBruin said:
No, souping up a 2.5 with a CAI and other little bolt ons will never make our cars as fast as yours, but it'll make are cars faster than it already is.
Well, I wouldn't say that ... I mean, given the right mods, like a turbo and intake + exhaust ... I'm sure our 2.5 can out gun a stock 3.5 ... the fact is that we don't have a turbo kit. Doesn't mean we can't go custom!

Joe :)

·
Former Alty Owner
2,925 Posts
Joseph Lau said:

Well, I wouldn't say that ... I mean, given the right mods, like a turbo and intake + exhaust ... I'm sure our 2.5 can out gun a stock 3.5 ... the fact is that we don't have a turbo kit. Doesn't mean we can't go custom!

Joe :)
but Joe.. if you spend the 4k on the turbo.. you should've got the 3.5...:p :D

1 - 20 of 88 Posts