The Nissan Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RAIDERS !!!!
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night driving home my engine starts shaking violently like theres a misfire. This am I go to check it and find cyl 3 is misfiring, I pulled the coil pack and fing the spark plug chamber is full of oil. FML and HELP!!!! Is my engine a goner?

·
never take it to the shop
1,621 Posts

·
RAIDERS !!!!
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took it to the dealer since I needed the car asap for work and did not have time to source parts and do the work myself. $670 for valve gasket, valve vent tube, 1 spark plug tube, 4 spark plugs and 1 coil pack. Son of a.......and their tests show low compression.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Took it to the dealer since I needed the car asap for work and did not have time to source parts and do the work myself. $670 for valve gasket, valve vent tube, 1 spark plug tube, 4 spark plugs and 1 coil pack. Son of a.......and their tests show low compression.
Just checking. Did the valve cover gasket fix the oil issue?

How the car now?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Just checking. Did the valve cover gasket fix the oil issue?

How the car now?
Of course it did. The oil can not come "up" from the block into the spark plug area in the head, oil leaks "down" onto the plug.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Guys always put year of car and mileage when problem happens. it helps us owners that keep data like this. Also was the car reprogrammed to ignore the Crk position sensor?

·
RAIDERS !!!!
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry I forgot about my post about this issue, cars an 03 2.5 with 213k miles. Cars running fine now minus a "coolant below regulating temp" check engine light. Not sure about it being reprogrammed to ignore Crk position sensor.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Here is my take. if you never rustproofed it the car owes you nothing. if you did, you can expect another 25000-30000 miles on it. that assumes that the ECU was reprogrammed to ignore the crankshaft position sensor at the end of 2007 when the recall letter went out. if that didn't happen and the sensor was never replaced with the redesigned part then you are very lucky to get the mileage out of it that you have gotten. I suspect the previous owner took it in on the recall. I assume by your last post that it is producing a temperature sensor code. if the temperature gauge is showing normal then your temp coolant sensor probably needs replacing. I would have your car put up on the hoist and pull the bottom cover off the cat that is attached to the manifold to see what condition that cat is in. I would suspect it is in bad shape.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts