The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question I want to get the sarona body kit for my 2.5SL. But they make the rear apron for the 3.5 altys which comes with the dual exhaust cut out. Can I change my single exhaust to a dual exhaust. If so will this affect my cars performance.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So far so good, no complaints here...

2 X Magnaflow stainless muffs... (14829's I think)

Good Luck

I own a 2.5 SL

- Nic

·
Registered
77 Posts
No prob enjoy!

Let me know what you think...

- Nic

·
Ahhh the power of Cheese
380 Posts
Nic how much it cost to go from single to duel exhaust? I was thinking about doing that so ill have dual quad's

·
Registered
77 Posts
Cost?

-Well about $280.00 CAD for the mufflers...
-$100.00 installion for the mufflers
-The bumper (3.5 style) was free due to the fact I was rear-ended...but actuall cost at the dealer is $455.00 :angel1:
-The install of the bumper was free too because insurance covered it and the accident wasnt my fault, I merly took advantage of the moment :).

Hope that helps...:wall:

-Nic

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes I know I am a poser, but it sounds and looks great!

-Nic

·
Altima Crazy!!!
417 Posts
i thought with the dual, the 2.5 loses some low end power.... i was thinking of getting a fake second muffler, where no exhaust comes out of.... is this a good idea?? dont wanna lose low end...

·
Registered
953 Posts
It would just give your car a nice look. But your adding weight to your car and why would you wanna do that. If you do plan on making it look like a dual muffler then just go with the duel muffler systerm all the way. You might lose some low end. But hey, debadge your car and get the 3.5 bumper then they'll think your a V6. But thats just my opinion and thought.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That is exactly what I did... and in my opinion I dont think there is a power low... but I may be wrong. If there is, it isnt very noticable.

Have fun...

- Nic

·
Registered
25 Posts
i was thinking the same thing, about losing low end, but i doubt itd make that much of a difference, and it looks too damn cool to pass up

·
Registered
77 Posts
I honestly dont notice a REAL big difference, other than it sounds sweet when you floor it and it looks sharp too :) If you can afford it, I recomend it.

- Nic

·
aim: Nism025
1,680 Posts
yeah i agree why add the weight? and also, why pose as a 3.5, if you race and lose, then you give someone bragging rights because they think they beat the 3.5

·
est. 1973
2,884 Posts
Kaze101 said:
yeah i agree why add the weight? and also, why pose as a 3.5, if you race and lose, then you give someone bragging rights because they think they beat the 3.5
He's not building a race car or drag car who cares about the weight of an extra muffler! He likes the look of dual exhaust so he did it. thats cool. Are you really concerned about him racing people and losing? get real. If you are worrying about that you got problems. I think that the mod is cool I give it two thums up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Buddy,

Beer is on me my friend... keep it in the family! :)

I appreciate having someone in my corner.

- Nic

1 - 20 of 32 Posts