The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi recentley took out my resonator and noticed a tin can sound. is there a way to get rid of it or do i have to put back on the resonator or find a smaller one????also, wat does the cat back do ??? thanks to hoo responds:)

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
special said:
hi recentley took out my resonator and noticed a tin can sound. is there a way to get rid of it or do i have to put back on the resonator or find a smaller one????also, wat does the cat back do ??? thanks to hoo responds:)
Are you running any aftermarket Mufs? Do you have an intake?, headers? Racepipe? You can get a better aftermaket resonator or just install the original.

The Catback is the exhaust from the end of the cat to the mufflers. By increasing the diameter of the exhaust tube from the cat all the way back will allow your engine to expel more exhaust but a word of caution. You will loose your low end torque since your altering the back pressure.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Do a search, according to AlphaFox this does happen, it is just the pressure valve rattling, you need to change your muffleror wait because once it warms up, the rattling will go away, so you have a few options, do a search, he did a very good write up.

-Nick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts