The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My buddy owns a base RSX, auto. and says that he can demolish my 2.5s alty in a race. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
113 Posts
jlvern41 said:
My buddy owns a base RSX, auto. and says that he can demolish my 2.5s alty in a race. What do you guys think?
Well, I don't know about demolish, but it looks like a good race. You didn't say what year his RSX is, I assume 01'....here are the numbers:

RSX
2,694lbs
160hp @ 6500
141lbs @ 4000

Your 2.5S
3,020lbs
175hp @ 6000
181lbs @ 4000

You have 15 more horsepower, and 40 more lbs of torque...but your car weighs 300lbs more than his. Should be an interesting race.

Motortrend quotes the following numbers for the 200hp type S version:
Acceleration, 0-60 mph, sec 7.20
Quarter-mile, sec/mph 15.16/93.24

Kevin

·
*Honorary Member* the dream!!!
84 Posts
you should be able to kick his ass in a 1/4 but on a curvey road, you got nothing on the rsx because of the soft suspension but if it's a straight race he/she is looking for, go get em tiger!!

·
Altima Freak
221 Posts
I haven't seen any performance figures on the 2.5 auto yet.

The weight to HP ratio is

16.8 the RSX (winner)
17.2 for the Altima.

So the RSX has the advantage there.

But for Torque...

19.1 RSX
16.8 for Altima (Winner)

Should be an interesting race. Make sure you brake torque. You should at least jump out into the lead, due to the superior torque.

·
Altima Freak
221 Posts
Pretty easy. You may have done this already. While waiting for the race to start, apply the brake and shortly thereafter apply the gas steadily until you hit about 1500 RPM. Don't sit like that too long though. It's bad for your torque converter. When you are ready to go, release the brake and go!

KP117 said:

How exactly do you brake torque?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. If we do race it is going to be on a straight away, I'll let him talk smack a little longer and then give in to him. In the end he will see which ride is king!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts