The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Altima Freak
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm on vacation I decided to have a few noise problems fixed. I went to Gaithersburg Nissan today. They did a fantastic job. I've had nothing but good experiences there, with my previous Nissan (Maxima). Since I bought my Altima at VOB Nissan, I took it there for the first year and they really were terrible. I won't go into the various stories. They said they couldn't hear the problem. Gaithersburg heard the rattle and fixed it. No questions asked.

1) My roof/headliner was still rattling, even after I stuffed foam in it a few months ago. Fixed.

2) Metallic clicking noise near my front wheel. Fixed. Apparently a piece of metal was in my tread.

3) Clicking noise with my brake pedal. Kit ordered (per Technical Service Bulletin) and will come in next week.

My Altima is a lot more enjoyable now.

·
werd!
4,192 Posts
Oh yeah!? Dude, i got a stupid intermittent problem. during the west minster speed show, I blew a fuse for the ctr console plug (stupid inveter blew up). Anyway, The center dome light (after the fuse was replaced) intermittently goes on. It's strange! one time it went on when i turned the front dome light on!! I'm taking it in today to get it looked at!

·
Registered
247 Posts
headliner/dome light rattle

Paul,
Did you see or find out what exactly did to the roof rattle?
I really think its the dome light male plug for the light...??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do a search...

I read about someone who had a dome light rattle and fixed it by pulling it out and taping a wire down and sticking a little padding behinde the actual light. Search it out and you'll see it. I also think there's a TSB on this. Search for them also...

·
Altima Freak
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: headliner/dome light rattle

They said some wire was rattling against the roof. They insulated the wire and it took care of it. I had already done the foam fix many months ago. I was one of the first to figure this out. That helped, but I didn't insulate the wire.

02CajunAlty said:
Paul,
Did you see or find out what exactly did to the roof rattle?
I really think its the dome light male plug for the light...??

·
Registered
247 Posts
dome light area rattle...

Already tried foam behind the dome light! REMEMBER-the dome light gets VERY HOT! Be carefull what you put up there, it did not solve the problem for me either. Also slid some foam on the dome light harness side (LH) and it did no good either :(

Will work on this over the LOOOOOONG holiday weekend and advise more.

·
Altima Freak
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: dome light area rattle...

How about your dealer? The TSB outlines how to fix it.

02CajunAlty said:
Already tried foam behind the dome light! REMEMBER-the dome light gets VERY HOT! Be carefull what you put up there, it did not solve the problem for me either. Also slid some foam on the dome light harness side (LH) and it did no good either :(

Will work on this over the LOOOOOONG holiday weekend and advise more.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Re: Re: dome light area rattle...

altypaul said:
How about your dealer? The TSB outlines how to fix it.

Paul,

I am not yet convinced they know how to speak english... :evil

BTW-it would sure be handy if I could give them the TSB number or a copy of it, save a lot of time. Any reference to it on the web?

Thanks! :)

·
Altima Freak
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Re: Re: dome light area rattle...

You could always print it out. It's online on this website. http://www.altimas.net/tsb/

See TSB, NTB02-069

02CajunAlty said:

Paul,

I am not yet convinced they know how to speak english... :evil

BTW-it would sure be handy if I could give them the TSB number or a copy of it, save a lot of time. Any reference to it on the web?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
THANKS...

Paul, Thanks but I just found it before you posted it, great ref point. Added that TSB page to my ALTY favs ;)

My dealer Will get a copy of NTB02-069 from me now!

·
shift_VM
331 Posts
02silver2.5l said:
hey my brake pedal makes a clicking noise when I press it... Should I have them look at it.
um before u do this, stop the car, close all the windows. and see if you hear it? that click is teh shifter being released. it happens no matter what gear ur in. if thats not what your hearing, then yeah, maybe take it in

1 - 19 of 19 Posts