The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Edge
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 altima and i'm getting a wai this week depending on the answers i get here but i wanna know which wai to get

1) Does the injen intake have a hole built in for the air temp sensor?

2) Would you recommend getting the injen, stillen or is there something better..

Thanks, i'll be using this as sort of a survey and the most popular answers will be intake i get. Please don't recommend a cai because i don't want one.

thanks

·
I'm The Yellow Member
5,268 Posts
You might want to check what filters they have. I think PR has foam filters (my friend got one for his max), and Stillen might be K&N, but I'm not sure, check it out..

·
I can't type
2,545 Posts
jwt pop charger>stillen
if you want wai get a jwt pop charger

if you want CAI get hot shot or place racing

The injen is a short ram intake right?

·
The Edge
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, it's a short ram and to answer what filter it uses, it has a k&n filter and some patented design for increased air flow according to their website. supposedly the website says that injen wai had the best dyno results

·
I can't type
2,545 Posts
if your auto get a CAI. If your 5 sp get where ever you want the power. CAI gives power in low rpms and WAI gives power in high rpms.

As for whether the Injen is better than other brands, Id say that the jwt pop charger (or stillen same design as jwt but higher price) is the best.

·
The Saga Continues......
3,303 Posts
i have the injen intake and its great and all but i do have a problem with 2 things. first, i don't like how the filter sits behind the battery. seems like no air is getting to it. before i had just a filter and it seemed to suck up more air because it was in an open part of the engine. and second, i don't like the size of the filter. it's a bit small for me. but all in all, its a pretty good intake. i'd recommend it.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
I like the Injen because they are now stamped with CARB E.O. I believe with JWT, you'll have to ask.

·
Boosted Member
2,266 Posts
i like my injen alot, and like someone said the heatshield has an area for the air temp sensor

it looks great and performs well

·
maybe another alty soon?
1,509 Posts
So here's my dumb question:

Didn't somebody say that this doesn't fit 1st gens? And if so, why?

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Probably because of the maf adapter, but you could pick those up for about $12.

·
MoSt BeAt On ThE StReET!!
311 Posts
I have a Weapon R intake Short ram. Before that I just had a filter on it and to tell the truth I really didn't know the difference. One thing is for sure you hear the difference in the engine and also you feel the gain around 3500-5000 rpms. I love that intake...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts