The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, my girl bought a 2000 altima about a year ago, she pretty much hates it.

she says its slow, it handles bad, its not comfortable, and the interior is cheap.

she also has some complaints about the steering wheel not being in a good position.

I'm not dissing altimas here, I love nissans. I'm just telling you what she says

So I've gone a little out of my way to make her car a little better.

heres what ive done

I shaved the rear emblems, not the bar, just the nissan logo and the GXE logo. that looks so nice imo

next i took off the front plate, put in some nokia bulbs, put in some hyper white front turn signals and I beleive thats it.

what are some things I can do for cheap or next to nothing?

anyone ever drill the airbox? or have plans for a CAI? thats something that would give it a little more growl.

what about a 2k maxima muffler? whats that sound like on stock exhaust?

btw her car is a alpine white 2k gxe with the nice 16 inch gxe wheels. no leather no roof. just keyless and power.

·
15,423 Posts
MaximaDriver said:
so, my girl bought a 2000 altima about a year ago, she pretty much hates it.

she says its slow, it handles bad, its not comfortable, and the interior is cheap.

she also has some complaints about the steering wheel not being in a good position.

I'm not dissing altimas here, I love nissans. I'm just telling you what she says

So I've gone a little out of my way to make her car a little better.

heres what ive done

I shaved the rear emblems, not the bar, just the nissan logo and the GXE logo. that looks so nice imo

next i took off the front plate, put in some nokia bulbs, put in some hyper white front turn signals and I beleive thats it.

what are some things I can do for cheap or next to nothing?

anyone ever drill the airbox? or have plans for a CAI? thats something that would give it a little more growl.

what about a 2k maxima muffler? whats that sound like on stock exhaust?

btw her car is a alpine white 2k gxe with the nice 16 inch gxe wheels. no leather no roof. just keyless and power.
The stock variable capacity muffler I heard gives a 2nd gen a nice growl.

There are no 16 Inch GXE wheels.

·
was up
4,106 Posts
MaximaDriver said:
yep those are the 16 inchers that she has. they would look so nice slammed.

where can I got the cone filer and adaptor?
from alex at southwest autoworks.

hes a very respected seller and have heard nothing but good things about him

CALL US TODAY!!!
480-966-5700-OUR NEW PHONE NUMBER!!!!

OUR NEW SHOP ADDRESS:
Southwest Autoworks
2009 E. 5th St. Suite 2
Cal Eaton Industrial Park
Tempe, AZ 85281
University/Smith (1/2 mile west of Loop 101), go NB on Smith from University, turn into the Cal Eaton Industrial park, we are on the right hand side, Suite 2!!!

Mailing/Payment address:
Southwest Autoworks
13621 N. 41st St.
Phoenix, AZ 85032
[email protected]

PAYMENT OPTIONS
----------------------------------------
Paypal (www.paypal.com)-if you have an account, please paypal us to
[email protected]
or if you would like, we do accept money orders, cashier checks, and personal checks (four day delay for out of state checks through the bank)!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.