The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,
I have a 2000 Altima and the brake lights are just dead. The brake light bar in the real spoiler works but the normal lights are out. The bulbs look prestine as does the fuses assosicated with the brake lights. Since the brake light in the spoiler works fine I would imagine the switch behind the brake is functioning....any ideas on how to approach this one??

Thanks in advance!

JT
:confused:

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
could be a bulb.. even though they look ok, they might not be.. I've had that happen to me... or check to see if there's any of that conductive gunk inside.. that might do it if there's too much.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The brake lights in the tails and the center light are separately grounded, so also check the ground for the tails. I’m not sure where it’s physically connected without looking at it, but I’m sure you can trace it, or someone here might know.

·
digitalwavetel
195 Posts
My passenger side break light went out a couple of days ago and I just replaced them. The bulb looked to be just fine, but it just didn't work anymore. I changed them and everything was okay. So what Victor said is true.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.