The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it difficult to change motor mounts? Mechanic said 3 needed replacement but parts search are returning pictures of 4, so presuming one is a tranny mount.
Quote is like a new set of tires so.....how hard is the job considering they've never been touched?

·
Registered
2000 Altima GXE Manual Trans
2 Posts
Funny. I just order 2 last week. The 2nd Gen has 2 mounts left and right of the engine, they might be silver. The other 2 are mounted to a cross member under the engine. You will see one if you pop the hood up and look between the radiator and engine. The other one you'd only see if you crawled under the car. Just follow that cross member back and you will see it. I have to replace the front and rear but not before I change the oil seals and clutch and maybe add some aftermarket header. I am new to the forum as of today. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2000 Altima GXE Manual Trans
2 Posts
No, I haven't. My waiting to secure a bunch or parts and raise the engine and pull the transmission. I will change the mounts at that time. Good luck with your mounts. You Tube is pretty good help, check a Haines manual or you can find on the internet the official Nissan Repair Manual. Could be something in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts