The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, its in. cant really dog on it yet cuz its only got 500 miles or so on it. i can tell you this though, the good ole ass-dyno tells me that its pulling harder and its spinning the tires at half throttle. ALL but one sensor worked. you have to splice the 94 knock sensor plug into the newer style plug. started up on first try. and aside from two hoses leaking coolant, how i missed them during the manifold swap, i have no idea. oh yeah, the annoying tinny sound at 3300 rpm's, is GONE. nice smooth sound all the way to about 6000. the check engine light came on on the way home and since its like one in the morning, it will have to wait till morning to run the ecu for codes. total time, about 20 hours for swap and install. total dollars spent, including engine and parts; 1200 bucks. not bad imo.

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know... for 650 they had an 00 engine with 32000 miles but for 900 they had a 00 with 500 miles... go figure. so, since im going to replace all the suspension components anyways and my interior is still in beautiful shape, i decided to try and have a "new" car with this engine. lets see if i can do 200+k's with it.

·
candy is dandy.
3,932 Posts
i dont know how this is possible.unless you used just the block and the head,cuz the fuel injection and egr system on the 00's is different from the first gen's.the block and the head are the exact same except the cams on the 00's are good for 5hp over first gens.either congrats! keep us posted.

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you gotta change the intake manifolds. there is also a different compression ratio. as long as you use ALL the obd1 sensors and the same harness, it swaps right over. the only sensor that didnt swap right over was the knock sensor. it didnt swap only because the new connector is different than the old one.

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Panch78 said:
Any pictures of the swap in process?
:( no... but i have scraped and oil stained hands... i dont have a dig camera or i would have done it as an faq write up.

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
Just FYI, the check engine light never seems to go away.

I have a 94 that i blew the first engine with n2o on, and swaped in a 98 engine. For some reason the check engine light always gives me phantom issues. It goes on and off when the weather changes (not kidding). Everytime its a diffrent code that has nothing to do with anything.

Good job though.

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i got my light to go off and stay off. i got an egr code cuz the harness wasnt plugged in. i disconnected it when i was fixing one of the two coolant leaks. connected it, reset the ecu and no light since. the real test will be tomorrow when i take it in to get it emission tested.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Engine Light

I have a 1st Gen with a 1st Gen engine,... I used to tell my girlfriend when she asked why I like/love cars so much I would say Becuase they don't bitch, but now the god damn thing bitches more than she does, every time the temp outside goes up or down, or the tire is a few pounds low of air the ****in engine light is coming on, I hate it, it's more annoying than a broken CV in a 90 Teg'... one thing I can say is at least my Teg' doesn't do this type of shit.. and it's a 90 with a 97 Teg' Type R engine, B18C5... badass... and it's also faster than my Alty... but then again it's a Honda! LOVE HONDA MOTOR COMPANY

Brian

1 - 20 of 25 Posts