The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know alex m has a 2000 engine in his alty, but where is the thread talking about it? what i really need is someone that has a swapped N/A 2000 engine in a first gen. i just lost my engine and im shopping for a 2000 to do the swap with.

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
asleep is stick anywayz. i am takin the tranny :angry4:

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup, he can have the autotragic. ;) now all we have to do is FIND the car that those two small items are attached to... im just worried about the intake manifold not bolting up completely...

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
call nissan dealer and ask for the part numbers for the old manifold gaskets and the 2000 manifold gaskets, see if they match
from rev. :D

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
on the online parts sites, they dont list the intake gasket for a '97 - '01, so theres a difference? gonna have to check nissan dealers tomorrow.

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmmm, now that sucks, im gonna have to visually look at them to see WHAT it is that is different.

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
REVEREND D said:
KA heads rarely go bad. They are bulletproof. Now the intake manifold gasket is known to go bad but the heads themselves are amazing.
ok, im asking cuz, i changed out that head gasket and im using up all the water in my radiator and its coming out of my exhaust in steam form... overheating at lights and stumbling at an idle. rather than change another head gasket and/or a head, im just gonna buy a newer, lower mileage engine. im just about at 150000 now, so i dont see the point in spending that much money on the engine....

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
asleepaltima said:
ok, im asking cuz, i changed out that head gasket and im using up all the water in my radiator and its coming out of my exhaust in steam form... overheating at lights and stumbling at an idle. rather than change another head gasket and/or a head, im just gonna buy a newer, lower mileage engine. im just about at 150000 now, so i dont see the point in spending that much money on the engine....

Have you pressure tested the system? You should check the freeze plug right behind the exhaust manifold. I have seen that pop before and piss coolant all over the downpipe.

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i checked all the freeze plugs when i was pissed off trying to replace the pcv valve hose.. no leaks there. when i shut the car off, steam POURS out of the tailpipe.

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
asleepaltima said:
i checked all the freeze plugs when i was pissed off trying to replace the pcv valve hose.. no leaks there. when i shut the car off, steam POURS out of the tailpipe.

. You are actually having to put coolant in the car because it runs out? Your head is warped then.

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats what i was thinking, but at the time, i had no straight edge to check it... not really a hard job, just too tedious. takes awhile. id rather install an engine, ya know? it gives me an excuse to buy a lightened flywheel, pulley, and act clutch while im at it... ;)

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hehe, thats why im checking manifolds to see if they will fit on the '00-01 heads... id rather go with those and get less miles and that measly 5 horses... ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts