The Nissan Club banner

2000 Maxima muffler on Altima?

3K views 34 replies 20 participants last post by  Samir 
#1 ·
Has anyone replaced their altima first or second gen muffler with the variable capacity muffler from the 2000 maxima. What about the muffler from the 2002 altima?

#2 ·
Panthro said:
Has anyone replaced their altima first or second gen muffler with the variable capacity muffler from the 2000 maxima. What about the muffler from the 2002 altima?
doubt anyone has done so. And why? There's absolutley no power difference. Only looks

#4 ·
Re: Re: 2000 Maxima muffler on Altima?

1fastaltima said:

doubt anyone has done so. And why? There's absolutley no power difference. Only looks
So, the looks of the inside of the muffler is why Nissan designed it?:rolleyes:

"The standard 222-hp V6 continues with the enhancements made to the 2000 model, which included new intake and exhaust manifolds, Nissan Variable Induction System (NVIS) air intake control with a resin intake collector, new equal length exhaust pipes and the addition of a new variable capacity muffler derived from the one on the high performance Nissan Skyline GT-R. "

www.nissannews.com

#5 ·
Re: Re: 2000 Maxima muffler on Altima?

1fastaltima said:

Wrong. There is a power different and a few SE-R guys and 3rd gen Maxima and 4th gen Maxima guys are using them. They give gains and are quiet.

#10 ·
Rex said:
i installed a 2000 Maxima variable capacity muffler on my 98. I posted about it awhile ago. If you want pics post your email. the hangers lined up perfectly.
hey could you send me some pics of it?

biohamhock@airmail.net

#20 ·
kierandill said:

An aftermarket, high-performance, quiet-as-stock muffler that is a direct fit? - name one.
Not trying to be a smart ass or nothing, but why does direct fit matter?? You have to pay to get either one put on correct?? I have a Maxspeed muffler that I paid $150 for, that isn't even loud enough for you to hear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.