The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says I have a 2000 Altima, the engine does crank but no start.

I have verified that there is spark, fuel, and compression. I was talking with the previous owner and he says that he adjusted timing in the car a few months ago and the car has run better than it ever has before. But as of last week it just randomly died in the driveway. I acquired the car thinking this would be an easy fix like replacing the distributor but living in Canada parts here aren't exactly cheap.

Upon further inspection I noticed that if I have my foot all the way to the floor the car actually kicks over but will stall shortly after. This is also with the distributor fully cranked clockwise until it hits the stop on the bolt.

I am thinking a timing issue since the owner previously touched the ignition timing but would love anyone's input. I have known about the cars history for the past 8 months as I worked with this person.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Once you start putting the distributor in unknown places it can foul plugs almost instantly and then car never starts, why fumbling around with them with no idea of where they need to be can quickly become a problem by itself.

Having fuel means nothing on EFI, you must have the CORRECT pressure too or no start, the fuel simply squirting out is no indicator of that at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts