The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall Im new around here... I just bought a 2000 Altima SE with 23 K miles on it now (still under warranty). Once thing i noticed when i first got it is the clutch is real stiff, engages real high, and isnt real smooth when i let off. Is this normal for the SE's or am i just still getting used to a different clutch. as there anyway to adjust it, and does anyone know of any known problems with it.

Also, is there anything else about the 2000's that I should know about?

thanks

Sham

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
that is how the nissan clutch is!
no adjustments. also it's hydrolic no cable.
it's only stiff if you compare it to a honda.
you'll get use to it and it'll feel softer just gotta build up those muscles!

now the ACT clutch kit engages almost at the bottom of the pedal and is only about and inch worth and it seem that the play at the top has doubled.

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Take it to a dealer and see what they think , it should be smooth , it will be more stiff than most Hondas , but shouldnt be to stiff , if it is releasing high it probably has a worn out clutch , and all of the dust has goten on the throw out bearing slide surface causing it to be stiff , either a crazy guy or a new driver may have had it before you and wore out the clutch ..... It probably will not be covered under Warantee , but it would be worth asking !!!!!

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
Does it slip at all when shifting quick?

·
was up
3,277 Posts
mine has always engaged kinda high. even after i got a new one. the first day it was awesome, it was engaging reaaally low. i drove like a granny, really easy and in like two days it was back to normal. it was always kinda had a creak in the pedal too. but its not inside (not the spring) its where the linkage from the pedal hooks up outside the housing (somewhere around there)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome thanks for all your help. I guess Ill have the dealer look at it, it never slips so thats good. but its just wierd how the clutch pedal springs back veeerrryyy quickly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts