The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know why my 6 month old 2001 gxe le vibrates like crazy when at a stop. It dosen't do it if you have the car in park. I have less then 2000 miles on it.

Also the car makes a crunching noise in the front and the back. I have had the rear sway bar bushings lubed twice and it did not help at all.

Someone please help. The delearships don't help you when you are a girl.

Thanks
Andrea

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
what does the car idle at in Neutral? should be about 700RPMs. anything less, (like under 600) go to the dealer.

also, try buying some fuel injector cleaner and pouring it in the fuel tank..

on a side note, do you use Chevron? I switched to Chevron once and the car shook like crazy. stopped using it and the car was fine. try changing gas.

as for the crunching.. beats me. is it only in the morning when cold or all the time?

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
ank215 said:
The car idles around 700 but when at a stop light it drops if you turn the turn signal on it drops even more. I use mobil gas.
drops with a turn signal? :confused:
beats me.. probably something electrical then.

I'm usre someone in a few might post something better for you..

and for the crunch... when does it make the sound.. cold in the morning or all the time?

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
IgNiTe said:

what's wrong if the car idles below 700 rpm?
normal idle is 700 +/- 50 per the Nissan Service Manual.

the lower the idle, the more you feel the shaking.

ank215 said:
The crunching noise is all the time. It's whenever I go over a divit or a speedbump.
sounds like the springs or shocks/struts. I'd say go to the dealer and tell them to look at the shocks and springs because you are hearing (describe exactly) the sound.

don't have the manual here but I forget if they need any kind of lubing where they connect to t the car.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
hahahaha

looks like im not the only alty with that vibrating problem....i posted a whole three paragraphs a week and a half ago about all the problems my alty has...well as we speak my alty is parked at the dealership since thursday morning and were drivin a loaner 2001 gxe with the same vibrating problem...anyhow...im supposed to get my car back today and the service manager said that it will be "fixed" and free of vibrating when stopped in the drive gears. my car has already had the idle adjusted twice, a new power steering pump, power steering hose, and power steering line. after all that the problem was still there....when i get it back tonight i'll let you know if the problem is solved or not...if it is i'll let you know what it was.

if the problem ain't solved were takin nissan to court cuz they sold us a brand new car that drives like it were an 89 chevy sprint with 3 cylinders, maybe even worse...anyhow if it ain't gonna work out, this 17yearold is gonna go with a 97, 98 or 99 maxima SE next...peace

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 94 altima used to shake like crazy when stopped... well I took it into the shop and they replaced my distributor and rotor, but it turned out that one of the injectors was so clogged it had to be replaced. I got that fixed and the car ran GREAT. Well, 4 months later the car is starting to run a bit rough now again and the check engine light is on (it came on a few weeks before the shaking)... not sure what my current prob is, but last time it was an injector.

·
7,208 Posts
I too have both the strange idle problem and the crunching noise. Its coming from the rear suspension in my car. If I go over a pothole or a speedbump with even a little speed it crunches like what. If I turn my rear defroster or turn signals on while sitting in neutral, at idle at a light my RMS dip WAY down then dip back up eventually. HRM, trip to the dealer I guess.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
breaking news!!!

about 10 min ago my trusted service manager calls me and lets me know that my car will not be ready today because they did not receive parts in time (what a surprise). he said my car shall be ready tomorrow evening. he said that they are working with the engine directly and doesn't know exactly what the problem is but his shop foreman does (yeah right). anyhow i intend to help all of you out there with vibration problems in ur 00-01 altimas (don't be shy just admit that it has a problem). so when i get my ride back tomorrow, posting on here with most likely negative comments on that brand new piece shit is what you'll hear.

thank you

·
Alty Go Boom
73 Posts
Im thinking that ruff idles on altys is kind of typical if you are drawing my current from the alternator then stock. The more current you draw the lower the idle seems to drop making the car idle ruff. Most 4bangers that I have seen idle like shit when the idle is very low around 500rpm I’m thinking of replacing my alternator if this helps I will let every one know. Also when mine idles ruff at a light if I give it a very small amount of gas to bump the rpm up a couple 100 the car is fine

·
upward spiral
618 Posts
my car idles fine and havent had any of the problems you guys talked about...but about the crunching..i think that the altimas rear suspension is shit personally....my car was brand new and when puttin my springs on i came to find out that they welded a washer like brass thing (hard to describe) on one of the rear upper control arms and therefore i was unable to take out my strut...i had to find a whole new strut assembly for the one side of the rear...luckily i had a hook up and got it for 100 bucks...but yah....i think they have problesm with their rear suspension set up

·
I am the universe.
1,034 Posts
yeah, my car still idles. I posted a long time ago, and still haven't been able to find the problem. I changed spark plugs/wires, flushed the transmission fluid, and got my fuel lines cleaned out. I'll have to look under the car next to see if anything is jumpin' around. :( :(

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
not yet...

the car is still at the dealership right now....they should be given me a call at home or my dad at work anytime now cuz they said the car should be ready by 5pm. i highly doubt that they'll be able to fix it, but there is a chance cuz they had engineers down from nissan canada lookin at it. plus when my dad spoke to them last they said that there was a problem with some engine related stuff...shims or something???? no clue as soon as i hear i'll post what the deal is...

peace

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
The wait continues!!!

My car has been at that godforesaken dealership since thursday morning. that's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 days!!! and nothing. and its gonna be there all day if the parts come in. thats if!!!! i swear they wouldn't know customer satisfaction if it slapped'em in the face. anyhow i'll say it again...as soon as i get word of whats wrong i'll let yall know.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.