The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I searched the posts and could not find the solution to my problem. I hope someone can help me. Let me start with what I have:

2001 Maxima SE Automatic W/O Traction
The ABS pump part # is 47660 4Y106 (stamped on the aluminum block)
Controller part # WA98000 (sticker on the ABS controller)

My ABS light came on when the right rear wheel sensor malfunctioned. I used the troubleshooting procedure in the service manual (page BR-48) to read the code which was 31 and confirmed it was bad using the troubleshooting procedure on BR-62 (open circuit at the sensor). I ordered a new wheel sensor and installed it but the ABS light remained on and the code flashed out on the ABS light still said it was the right rear sensor. Also, I could not clear the codes using the procedure in the service manual. I know it is not the new sensor as I disconnect the left wheel sensor, the ABS light flashed out both rear sensors (codes 31 and 35) as bad, I reconnected the left wheel sensor, drove the car and then rechecked the codes which still faulted both rear sensors.

I cannot reset the codes using the procedure in the service manual on page BR-49. I went to a local mechanic who used his diagnostic tool and could not reset them either. He recommended getting an ABS unit from a salvage yard. I did and installed it but it was in worse condition than my original unit as the speedometer would not work and the ABS light would not flash out any codes (just stayed on). I put back my old unit since the speedometer worked with it. I brought it into Nissan to diagnose the problem and they said it was the ABS unit. I tried 2 other used ABS units and both did not work either.

I looked over the schematics in the service manual (BR-43 to 46). The ABS unit does not seem to be connected to the ECM and the remove and replace procedure does not mention having to reset any other device in the car. I find it unusual that three salvage parts I bought were bad (unless the 2001 Maximas are all being junked for ABS problems). All three units were for an Automatic without TCS.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and how did you fix it?
Has anyone tried an ABS controller rebuilder?
If so, who was it, how much and what were the results?
Any other suggestions on fixing the ABS?

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi, I searched the posts and could not find the solution to my problem. I hope someone can help me. Let me start with what I have:

2001 Maxima SE Automatic W/O Traction
The ABS pump part # is 47660 4Y106 (stamped on the aluminum block)
Controller part # WA98000 (sticker on the ABS controller)

My ABS light came on when the right rear wheel sensor malfunctioned. I used the troubleshooting procedure in the service manual (page BR-48) to read the code which was 31 and confirmed it was bad using the troubleshooting procedure on BR-62 (open circuit at the sensor). I ordered a new wheel sensor and installed it but the ABS light remained on and the code flashed out on the ABS light still said it was the right rear sensor. Also, I could not clear the codes using the procedure in the service manual. I know it is not the new sensor as I disconnect the left wheel sensor, the ABS light flashed out both rear sensors (codes 31 and 35) as bad, I reconnected the left wheel sensor, drove the car and then rechecked the codes which still faulted both rear sensors.

I cannot reset the codes using the procedure in the service manual on page BR-49. I went to a local mechanic who used his diagnostic tool and could not reset them either. He recommended getting an ABS unit from a salvage yard. I did and installed it but it was in worse condition than my original unit as the speedometer would not work and the ABS light would not flash out any codes (just stayed on). I put back my old unit since the speedometer worked with it. I brought it into Nissan to diagnose the problem and they said it was the ABS unit. I tried 2 other used ABS units and both did not work either.

I looked over the schematics in the service manual (BR-43 to 46). The ABS unit does not seem to be connected to the ECM and the remove and replace procedure does not mention having to reset any other device in the car. I find it unusual that three salvage parts I bought were bad (unless the 2001 Maximas are all being junked for ABS problems). All three units were for an Automatic without TCS.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and how did you fix it?
Has anyone tried an ABS controller rebuilder?
If so, who was it, how much and what were the results?
Any other suggestions on fixing the ABS?

Thanks!
Hello
Might be better to have your original part repaired at UpFix - We save you money on rebuilding your failed electronics!

Here is the service link

1 - 2 of 2 Posts