The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im currently rebuilding as I drive this 2001 Nissan Altima, anyways recently my Altima wouldn't start once I got done shopping. It would turn over and start and then immediately stall back out as soon as I put it in reverse or drive. I got it towed home. I hooked up my diagnostic code reader and I had a new code p0440. I took recently replaced the EGR valve on it, so I took all the vacuum lines off and I replaced them I used a little bottle brush to clean them out and make sure nothing pushed down into the engine. it started right up however the car is still idling rough. Before it the incident where I had to get it towed home the car was running optimal. I don't know anything else other than to do like a direct fuel injector valve cleaning but as I've read that will only damage the system. Can someone give me some more insight or advice?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
EVAP is the setup of lines going back to fuel tank that purge the system of fuel tank vapors. Problem may be as simple as gas cap bad or it not tight. There is a valve somewhere to intake manifold that at certain times allows fuel tank vapors to come from tank into engine to be burned, a leak in the line going to engine can do that. Find the entry point on intake for that and block it to test, the running bad should top.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts