The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyyo Nissans or other car enthusiasts!

Modding out my 01 Altima GXE 2.4L and would like suggestions/links/references to single turbos on my car. Any how to instructions or first time installer tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Heyyo Nissans or other car enthusiasts!

Modding out my 01 Altima GXE 2.4L and would like suggestions/links/references to single turbos on my car. Any how to instructions or first time installer tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
These are my suggestions based on what you posted.

1. Take plenty of pictures of your car before you start working on it. These pictures will come in handy to remind you what your car looked like when it was last driveable and able to move under it's own power.

2. Since you are in your words a "first time installer" and are looking for "instructions and tips", here is my 'tip':

Forgetaboutit.

You have no clue what you are thinking of doing, or how expensive it is to do, nor do you have the mechanical ability to complete the project on this 21 year old car. There is no such thing as a bolt on Turbo kit for your car, one that includes all the parts needed so you could 'plug and play' and be on your way.

Sorry if you think that I am being negative....I look at it as being realistic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate it but I am just curious. I know “plug and play turbos” would not be likely for my car buuut creativity is always key and this would not be a quick process or easy one. Not impossible tho. Just a thought it’d be cool if I did it. Thx

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Appreciate it but I am just curious. I know “plug and play turbos” would not be likely for my car but creativity is always key and this would not be a quick process or easy one. Not impossible tho. Just a thought it’d be cool if I did it. Thx
There is a huge difference in a 'dreamer' and a 'realist'.

Since you say "not impossible tho"....I say go for it. Cost be damned!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Notice the disclaimer on this Universal Turbo kit that the seller claims fits your Altima:

"Universal Fit, Modification and additional parts might require!"

Ebay has it listed for $626.72 plus shipping.

Do you own a welder? Are you able to modify and fabricate parts? What about the exhaust, injectors and the cars computer system? Every item you can't install/modify/fabricate costs money as you have to pay some one to come to where the car is and do the work, or tow it to them. Hey, it's only money!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.