The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
RINSE OUT!!!!!! RELOAD
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have been looking for the oem wire colors for my 2001 altima's stock radio. I need to attach a line output converter and hook the amp up to the stock radio, but I am having difficulty finding accurate information regarding wire coloring. Two different websites have different information, but neither match my stock radio. Any help would be appreciated.

Dale Kirby
2001 GXE

·
RINSE OUT!!!!!! RELOAD
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, that wiring scheme is not what the wires look like for my radio. Its just the regular stock cd/radio that came with my 2001 gxe. The colors on that wiring scheme don't match up, nor do the placement of all the wires.

·
Nympho
176 Posts
saitcho said:
Unfortunately, that wiring scheme is not what the wires look like for my radio. Its just the regular stock cd/radio that came with my 2001 gxe. The colors on that wiring scheme don't match up, nor do the placement of all the wires.

i'm haveing the exact problem right now myself... looking for which ones to use!!! ugh

dave

·
Nympho
176 Posts
tl

do u know the answer to my question...

wire index for 93 altima, gxe, has stock am/fm/cassette player

4 speaker package.

nothing special

·
RINSE OUT!!!!!! RELOAD
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The antenna lead is a separate wire that plugs in on its own, is that correct? Also, do I need to ground the stock head unit like I would an aftermarket HU, by connecting the chassis of the HU to the amplifier ground point? I assumed that it is already grounded, hence the ground wire, but I am not sure.

Another question: Is the signal going to the rear speakers the same as the signal going to the front speakers?

Thanks in advance..

Dale

·
ItalianStallion
325 Posts
the stock h/u grounds itself when you screw it in to the metal bracket thing and then screw that bracket thing in place with those non-painted silver screws that were always there.
i could be wrong but i think that how the stocl one workes

·
Nympho
176 Posts
got my install finished!! it took like a total of 2-3 hours!!! whoa..

but everything is perfect.. except i have to run and get an adapter for the stock to aftermarket antenna plug... just need to know where to find this :/

thanks
dave

·
RINSE OUT!!!!!! RELOAD
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After some messing around, I figured it out and got my amp hooked up with the line out converter. Wasnt too difficult, just a matter of soldering tiny wires =) Thanks for the info guys

Dale

·
ItalianStallion
325 Posts
NewAltima said:
got my install finished!! it took like a total of 2-3 hours!!! whoa..
once you start doning big install you start spending major time.
when i put my new head and 4 channel amp in the same day. i spent from noon til 10 at night before it was finished. that did include rerunning all speaker wires tho. (4 guage power from ground to dist block then to 2 amps. , speaker wire to front channels and rear channels, groung from two amps and cap to dist block to chasis, and i installed a cap for the 1st time)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts