The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a 2.5 out of a 06 Altima motor and transmission into an 02 altima 2.5 motor is running good with the 02 engine wiring harness installed but the transmission is giving me 3rd gear or limp mode. Transmission shop that I talked to told me that the gearing might be different in the in the transmission of the 06 even though the number of the Transmissions are the same but the axle code is not. The axle gearing must be different giving the 02 ECM a faulty reading. And the only way to make it work is to install the 02 trans. Trying to install the 06 engine harness in the 02 found on the passenger side of the dash by the tcm a brown plug from the 06 doesn't have a brown wire that the O2 white plug has. It is a stand-alone plug not in the TCM or the ECM. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
15650409632081978502507.jpg
15650410615981070980399.jpg

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,021 Posts
You are fighting mpore than wires here...you are fighting software and sensor inputs too.

You pretty much need to decide if the car is an 02 or an 06. I'd recommend staying with 02 so you don't have to change out things like ABS, Gauge cluster, etc etc. Once you've decided...if that's even a choice...then you go about staring and comparing signals from the engine and transmission....since you'll be using 02 ECU and 02 TCU you need to make sure the engine has the sensors and solenoids the ECU expects, and that the transmission has what the 02 TCU expects. You cannot just throw a Franken-combination of control modules and or mechanical parts into what is a fairly complex system. You need the FSM sections for both the 02 and 06 for both engine control (EC) and automatic transmission (ATC?) (there's a link in my .sig)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for responding
Here's where I'm at right now. The 06 motor and trans are in the 02 car and connected with the 02 harness and 02 ECU. Motor is running great, the trans is also hooked up to the 02 harness and 02 TCU. But is giving me codes po745
Po750
Po755
I think it stuck in 3rd .
The 06 car the motor and trans came out of worked great. The car was wrecked but drivable drove it to my house about a mile, it shifted and ran great.
What I was thinking was to put the 06 engine harness and use the 06 ECU, TCU. As I looked at all the plugs and all the sensors are from the 06. I never thought about the abs or gauge cluster.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,021 Posts
I think you need to look at the Nissan PN for 02 and 06 trannies. If different, then you need to find a way to adapt...or simply put the 02 tranny in for now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is what I'm doing right now the 06 wiring harness has a plug on the driver side shock tower that the wires colors are pretty much the same and in the same position as the 02 harness all of them but one. There's a plug under the dash on the passenger side by the TCU in a stand-alone plug that has a brown wire on the O2 harness that is not on the 06 you can see in the pics in the first post.
That is what I'm fighting at the moment.
Can anyone tell me what the 3 plugs on the shocktower are for so I can trace the curcuit.
Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the plug on the shock tower.The gray plug is an 02 and the other is the 06. The wire colors are in the same position. What does this plug do? Is it for the transmission ?
Need any help I can get. I think this will work. Just have a few wires to figure out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts