The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me!!! I own a 2002 Altima S and I hate the fact that everytime that I lock my doors with the Key Fob the loud horn beeps. I was told to hold the lock and unlock buttons simoltaneously for at least three seconds. I have tride this and have had no luck. How can I disable the horn and still use the Key Fob to lock the doors and activate the alarm.

·
Banned
942 Posts
MR. MATTMAN said:
Please help me!!! I own a 2002 Altima S and I hate the fact that everytime that I lock my doors with the Key Fob the loud horn beeps. I was told to hold the lock and unlock buttons simoltaneously for at least three seconds. I have tride this and have had no luck. How can I disable the horn and still use the Key Fob to lock the doors and activate the alarm.
you have to take it to a dealership and tell them to reprogram it.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Works for me, too......

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Are you pressing them simulataneously? Maybe thats it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
There's something in the owners manual about that... not sure where... but just read through it and you'll find it. You don't have to take it to the dealer... you can reprogram it yourself.

·
Smoked Out
2,551 Posts
bamashawn said:
There's something in the owners manual about that... not sure where... but just read through it and you'll find it. You don't have to take it to the dealer... you can reprogram it yourself.
yep, in the manual..I did it..but changed it back to horn on, I like it like that.

·
Winter hater!
549 Posts
Mine works fine.... held for 4 -5 secs.

·
CrAqHeAd
1,003 Posts
woh!.. wait a second.. how do you get it to make the horn sound when you unlock it? mine does not do that.

I want it to make a sound when i unlock and lock the car.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Why would anyone want their car to beep when they lock and unlock the doors?

That just directs unwanted attention to your vehicles when you leave the beep on. It's true that you are letting people know that you have an alarm but if someone wants your car they will find a way to take it. So, the more unwanted attention your car gets the more chances of it being stolen.

·
Registered
717 Posts
well i like to make mine beep so i know i armed it and if i cant see it i will push the button so i can hear it. Also if i forgot where i parked i would just beep it also...

·
Irish Designated Driver
223 Posts
Reprogramming your remotes or adding them on is simple, but hard to explain; here goes:

1. Get in your car and make sure all doors are shut tight, lock the doors manually (with the interior door lock).

2. Put your key in and out of your ignition at least 6 times in 10 seconds (sometimes it takes more times, sometimes less).

3. You will see your blinkers flash. When you see this, vehicle is in programming mode.

4. Turn your key on w/out starting the vehicle and then hold down the "lock" button on your remote. It is now programmed.

5. If you are programming additional remotes, follow by UNlocking then locking the door again manually, then hitting the lock button on the next remote. Repeat until all remotes are programmed.

6. Get out of vehicle and test it.

Jessie

·
Registered
92 Posts
Jessielude,
Is this just to add an additional alarm???/ Do you know the step by step process how to program other features with the alarm example....silent alarm...etc....

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
mine took about 6 seconds to work. It should work.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2002 altima s alarm question

Well I have tried almost everything to dissable the horn beep when arming/disarming the factory alarm using the keyless entry remote. The owners manual says to hold down the lock and unlock buttons at the same time for at least 3 seconds. Tried this and it does not work. I have also used some advise as far as programing the remote is concerned and this does not work either. Has anyone had this problem and what can I try to do to troubleshoot this problem. I realy hate the loud honk. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
102 Posts
is there anyway to lower the horn sound when locking instead of no sound completely..i want the security of hearing the sound(but not the loud azz horn beep)..and if so, how would i go about this..thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts