The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was just wondering about the 2002 Altima's stock sound system. I know that the regular system is two speakers in the front doors and a pair of speakers in the rear deck. If you get the Bose upgrade or whatever they add speakers in the rear doors as well...If I choose not to get the upgrade will the holes still be there for the rear door speakers?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hm that's a good question....I don't think anyone has brought this one up. The Bose setup has extra speakers in the rear doors I believe. Maybe I could take apart the door to see if the hole is still there? Someone with a bose please confirm the speaker locations before I rip anything apart :)

-Dennis

·
Registered
173 Posts
nope, just a regular door panel. The frame of the door itself may have a hole for a speaker though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
non-bose=six speakers

Well, it's six if you count the tweeters in the a-pillar. That *is* the a-pillar, right? The front one. I'm not too clear on which pillar is which.....at any rate, I've got the non-bose 3.5, no leather, but I do have a spoiler and sunroof.
zipflint

·
NO LIFE POSTER
252 Posts
clarion

I took out the front door and rear 6x9's today they were stamped Nissan and then below it was Clarion. They all had rubber butin. surrounds. I have replaced mine with rockford fosgate power series 6.5 and 1" tweeters

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i actually don't have my altima yet =)...but i'm gonna get the pretty base model 2.5 but with automatic transmission (tired of driving a manual heh)...that's why I was wondering these things so that I can go ahead and buy all my speakers and everything so i will be able to throw everything in the day i get it...hopefully within a month i will have my new car =)

·
Hazardously WASTED
1,370 Posts
i believe the grill is there on the rear doors on the non bose.

i have the bose system and the rear doors appear to have the same speaker as in the front doors, (didn't take it apart and measure) i cant see nissan making a different door panel for the bose and the non bose

the cut outs and wirers should all be there waiting for an upgrade.

according to the dealer, when i was pricing things out if you have the 2.5s you can get the bose upgrade if you willing to spend $800.
being that i wanted leather and the bose anyhow, i opted for the sl with all this stuff included

·
Registered
12 Posts
It was told to me by a Nassan service manager that a non-Bose Altima would not have the wiring harness for the rear door speakers unless it had the Convience Package and:
1-Sunroof...or
2-Antilock Brakes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Speakers

I went to the dealer as well and was quoted about $850 to upgrade. Then he went on to tell me that I could get something equal to or better for around $600. I'm still researching, but I'll let you know what I come up with.

·
Hazardously WASTED
1,370 Posts
BlazedGlory said:
FAST4dr...those aren't subs...those are mids at best =)
they are not the typical "subs", but all they do is produce bass, and half way decent bass might i add, its a little tight for me, might just throw my 2 10"ers back there for the deep low bass, but in fact they are subs for the bose system

·
aim: Nism025
282 Posts
no 6x9's

those are not subs at all, and after my 2 12's caused those so called 6x9's to no longer work, i don't recommend even having those there. you should take off the rear deck, and take out the 6x9's, therefore creating the inside of the car to be like port space for subs in the trunk.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That was my exact plan hehe. I have a question for you guys though...Where have you found the best direction to aim your subs? I was thinking about straight up through the holes where the 6x9s were...but I don't want to build multiple boxes to find out which way sounds the best...any experience? Right now I've got a 12" Audiomobile MASS in my Ford Ranger that I plan on selling. I want to pick up a single 15" Adire Brahma and feed my Autotek SX-1700's full 1200 watts to it at 1 ohm =).

·
Hazardously WASTED
1,370 Posts
Re: no 6x9's

Kaze101 said:
those are not subs at all, and after my 2 12's caused those so called 6x9's to no longer work, i don't recommend even having those there. you should take off the rear deck, and take out the 6x9's, therefore creating the inside of the car to be like port space for subs in the trunk.
i dont think that would be a good idea. i mentioned it to a friend of mine when working on a car i had in the past. he said that you would mostly hear distortion. in order to have a nice clean sound, the ports would have to be tuned with the specs of the inside of the trunk. unless you work for nasa, its a very hard prosess

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.