The Nissan Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a 2002 in a few weeks. I want to put the cd player I have in my current car into my new Alty eventually. It was a gift and I love it because it has a remote control. But because of the new shape of the dashboard (the oval) it won't fit.

Any idea on how or when this can be done?

·
7,208 Posts
give it some time, I'm sure there will be an install kit available...

·
Strong Soulja
32 Posts
IrishPrincess said:
I'm buying a 2002 in a few weeks. I want to put the cd player I have in my current car into my new Alty eventually. It was a gift and I love it because it has a remote control. But because of the new shape of the dashboard (the oval) it won't fit.

Any idea on how or when this can be done?
hey i just got me the new 2002 alty..do u know what model u gonna get? cuz the one i have already has a bose system..and its badass already u dont need to change it...but unless u dotn want the bose system and just get the normal cd player that they provide u..then u can change it and put in the one u have..

eddie

·
Registered
460 Posts
Since we are on the head unit topic....

Do anyone know if the Bose 6 CD changer can be hooked up with an external audio source? I would love to install a Neo35 MP3 deck if possible.

·
Be very afraid...
4,511 Posts
I have yet to understand the need for a remote control on a car stereo other than to say "look at me, I'm cool because I have a remote for my car stereo!" I mean, can't you reach it with your own hand? And the argument that people in the back seat can use it doesn't work for me because when you're in my car, you listen to my beats. Dunno...

·
Banned
0 Posts
Creature said:
I have yet to understand the need for a remote control on a car stereo other than to say "look at me, I'm cool because I have a remote for my car stereo!" I mean, can't you reach it with your own hand? And the argument that people in the back seat can use it doesn't work for me because when you're in my car, you listen to my beats. Dunno...
sometimes for competitions, like controlling from outside the car...other than that, no clue.

·
DON'T!!! I'm watching you
2,701 Posts
Creature said:
And the argument that people in the back seat can use it doesn't work for me because when you're in my car, you listen to my beats. Dunno...
Hell yeah !!! hehe, if you're driving you're the boss. That's the BS I give to my wife, I've gotta listen to "my" jams because they keep me awake and we won't have an accident :p .

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the remote because you don't have to look at the head unit for the buttons, up and down on the remote puts you to your programmed stations.

My brother used to ask me all the time why I have a remote when I can just lean forward. Now, my old car is his and the head unit is still in it and he LOVES the remote. Guess ya have to have one to understand.

·
Registered
884 Posts
with you on the remote

I'm with you on the remote. My last car had one and I thought I would have to figure out some way to put my deck in the new 2002 Alty. Well, I have the Bose system and it ROCKS! No kidding there.

You shouldn't need a remote in the new altima because of the steering wheel mounted controls. Also, the factory radio turns up and down when you speed up and down. Can't get that with the common after-market head unit!

In my last altima I was running three amps, Infinity 10inch and up-grade speakers all around and it didn't sound as good as my new 2002 Altima Bose system! Go for the Bose!

·
DRGN4DR
2,128 Posts
IrishPrincess said:
I like the remote because you don't have to look at the head unit for the buttons, up and down on the remote puts you to your programmed stations.
i dont need a remote and i dont need to look at my cd player to change anything...i know the functions of cd player like the back of my hand...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.