The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 altima 2.5 that won't start. I went to go to work and the car wouldn't start. Just turned over. Ive replaced the cam and crank sensors. It would try to hit if I used starting fluid. From that I figured the fuel pump was bad. So I changed it. No the car doesn't have spark. What I've read is the cam sensor tells the ecm when to fire the plugs. I will be changing the sensors again in the morning(maybe it's bad). I haven't been Able to get a cel either. One thing I noticed was today I pulled the fuel pump fuse out and the electric fan came on and the check engine light went off. When I plugged it back in the fan went off and the light back on. Yes the key was on. I have racked my brain for three days now so any help is greatly appreciated on sorting this out. Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did you replace the cam and crank sensors recently? Did the car ever start with the new sensors? Is one of them not seated properly? The crank sensor on the back of the engine was a b1tch to get seated correctly. In fact I ended up using the old O ring since it seemed softer, and it's impossible to put leverage on it with the engine mounted in the car.

Anyway, you're right to check the sensors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts