The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am glad I found this group. Obviously I own a 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R spec v. I was driving to work and was about 6 miles in when I turned on to a main road the car just suddenly shut down. It turns out the ECCS fuse under the hood blew. I am thinking no big deal and replace it and it runs fine until I got about a mile or two from the house. I stopped at a gas station and when I was turning out of the exit it suddenly blew again and I got it pulled over safely and changed it again. Ran fine for about another 2 miles. Went to do a U turn to head back home and it blew again. Got it into another gas station. Really annoyed at this point I put in another fuse and it blew it immediately. Towed it home and let it sit. Next day I put a fuse in and it started and idled for at least a half an hour. I move it maybe 8 feet and it blows again as I am trying to turn out of the driveway. I have checked as much stuff as possible and am super frustrated at this point. Has anyone else ever experienced this problem? Any help right now would be super appreciated. If your local I will gladly take you for a couple beers. lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok. I probably should have broken down what I have checked and replaced. See below.
Tested fuel pump-No
Changed main battery teminal ground wire-No
Changed the whatchamacallit on the end of the key tumbler-No and no fun at all
Checked spark plugs and coil-No
Checked all visual wiring-No bare wires or fraying of any kind
Had battery tested recently-In good health
As an added bonus the only code I am getting is the EVAP canister. It does make it hard to start after I put gas in but I don't believe it could cause this. If I am wrong please let me know.

Now car won't even start even when completely cooled off. Blows fuse immediately. Unplugged MAF sensor just to see and the fuse blew twice when I inserted it into the socket. Not sure if that is normal but it kind of would make sense. Please help. This is my daily and my Mom helping me out by driving me to work is getting kind of old. Don't get me wrong I am very appreciative but would rather be in control.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts